Trouble resetting to stock ASUS Chromebox
I used the same keyboard as I used when installing the stand alone version. The only other one I have is a logitec k400 (these do not work, or so I have read)
Am at work now so I cannot test it. Will have to come back about this on tuesdaynight.
(2015-06-01, 03:47)DocG Wrote: So nothing happens if you press CTRL+ALT+F2 after booting up Chrome OS? What keyboard are you using? Do you have a different one you could try?

When pressing ctrl alt f2 in Chrome web os, I have à Shell where
I can login als chronos.
(2015-06-02, 18:00)Takkiedroid Wrote:
(2015-06-01, 03:47)DocG Wrote: So nothing happens if you press CTRL+ALT+F2 after booting up Chrome OS? What keyboard are you using? Do you have a different one you could try?

When pressing ctrl alt f2 in Chrome web os, I have à Shell where
I can login als chronos.

so, again, what's the problem?
Guess I have to go back to rtfm. Maybe I wantend to go too many steps back.
(2015-06-02, 19:08)Takkiedroid Wrote: Guess I have to go back to rtfm. Maybe I wantend to go too many steps back.

I've re-read all of your posts, and I'm still not sure what you're trying to do exactly
Thsnks Matt to bear with me.

What I want is a dual boot chromebox with openelec and chromeos. I ran the EZ setup script as I was able to do a CTRL ALT F2 and logged in as chronos.

Before I did that I did a factoy reset.

Now I am stuck on a new part. I choose patition size the maximum of 9Gb.

(reboot and allow ChromeOS to "repair" itself after partition resizing) I just don't seem to be able to see the system doing that, as the screen goed black after doing a reboot.'

I that normal behaviour? I reboot with no usb media present. Assuming that is the correct way. All I get is a black screen.
Now I read section 3.2 and that seems to have done the job.

Happy man now, thanks. Guess English not being my mothertongue made things slightly more difficult
(2015-06-02, 21:48)Takkiedroid Wrote: Now I read section 3.2 and that seems to have done the job.

Happy man now, thanks. Guess English not being my mothertongue made things slightly more difficult

glad you got it sorted. Sounds like it was defaulting to the legacy boot, and not allowing you to complete the dual boot setup

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble resetting to stock ASUS Chromebox0