v15 Web server HTTP + HTTPS
Hello all,

I do not know if i am the only one with this request\problem.
I use the webservice with the Chorus function and want this to be opened to the WWW for personal use(stream movies and music by webpage)
At this moment there is only a HTTP format for the KODI web server.
Is there any thought of getting HTTPS work as well or does this give problems or is it not allowed?

Hope to hear something about this as i would like it (Authentication over HTTP is not really secure so why having a username and password than Smile)

Greatings Rick
Pretty sure that nobody is working on this. But the ssl certificate would have to come from the user then - else each browser would warn because the ip/url doesn't match the one from the certificate.

If you have a capable router (like openwrt based) you could install a reverse proxy like nginx on it and have it present itself via ssl to the outside. So the unencrypted path would be minimized to your lan (from nginx to kodi)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That would be a work arround but something extra is needed than.
The certificate is a option to have a valid or trust the self signed as author on the devices youwant to use from external without the warning.
That nginx does not say directly something to me do you have a link from this?

And still i would love the https function even for only internal networking to prevent people having spoof applications and signed into the local network.
The not valid signed certificate problem for the remote control could be solved by just allowing all certifictes just like exchange active sync for androids allow it.
That is just a bit more configuration from client and programmer side.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nginx+reverse+proxy
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Imho the request is sane and HTTPS support shouldn't be hard to add. I might look into it after my holidays.
Yeah not wanted to sound like i didn't find the request sane - just providing a workaround for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web server HTTP + HTTPS0