USTVnow Integration with PTVL
I may be trying to use PTVL in a way it wasn't designed to be used, so let me know if that is the cause of my issue. I have a premium USTVnow account and an active donation account for PTVL. I want to use PTVL as an epg for only the USTVnow channels. In order to do this I set autotune to find USTVnow channels. The autotune went smoothly and my channel list consists of the 30 USTVnow channels. My problems are these:

1) PTVL updates channels every start which takes about *edit* ~9 minutes minutes on my RPi2. While updating channels the epg only has the channels available to watch that have been updated since this start, making it unusable as an epg for USTVnow unless I wait the 9 minutes each time I want to use it. I've messed around with settings to try and stop this automatic updating with no success. Is there a way to setup PTVL to list the 30 channels in the epg and update them in the background without interrupting their use?

2) I have activated the donation in PTVL successfully however the epg only lists channel names with the message "guide-data from ptvlguide is currently availed to donors only." As an activated donor, how do I enable this feature?

Any help with these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
(2015-07-28, 01:35)Shazb0t Wrote: I may be trying to use PTVL in a way it wasn't designed to be used, so let me know if that is the cause of my issue. I have a premium USTVnow account and an active donation account for PTVL. I want to use PTVL as an epg for only the USTVnow channels. In order to do this I set autotune to find USTVnow channels. The autotune my smoothly and my channel list consists of the 30 USTVnow channels. My problems are these:

1) PTVL updates channels every start which takes about 20 minutes on my RPi2. While updating channels the epg only has the channels available to watch that have been updated since this start, making it unusable as an epg for USTVnow unless I wait about 20 minutes each time I want to use it. I've messed around with settings to try and stop this automatic updating with no success. Is there a way to setup PTVL to list the 30 channels in the epg and update them in the background without interrupting their use?

2) I have activated the donation in PTVL successfully however the epg only lists channel names with the message "guide-data from ptvlguide is currently availed to donors only." As an activated donor, how do I enable this feature?

20mins is a long time but then again you are using a very underpowered device...
LiveTV on avg. should rebuild about 2 channels per second... so 15secs would be the avg wait for 30 channels.

PseudoTV Live is not designed as a stop and go plugin... its designed for the long haul... 24/7 operations... so initial startup will always require some extra parsing time.

You should make sure you have rpi overclocked and class10 flash memory.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-07-28, 04:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 01:35)Shazb0t Wrote: I may be trying to use PTVL in a way it wasn't designed to be used, so let me know if that is the cause of my issue. I have a premium USTVnow account and an active donation account for PTVL. I want to use PTVL as an epg for only the USTVnow channels. In order to do this I set autotune to find USTVnow channels. The autotune my smoothly and my channel list consists of the 30 USTVnow channels. My problems are these:

1) PTVL updates channels every start which takes about 20 minutes on my RPi2. While updating channels the epg only has the channels available to watch that have been updated since this start, making it unusable as an epg for USTVnow unless I wait about 20 minutes each time I want to use it. I've messed around with settings to try and stop this automatic updating with no success. Is there a way to setup PTVL to list the 30 channels in the epg and update them in the background without interrupting their use?

20mins is a long time but then again you are using a very underpowered device...
LiveTV on avg. should rebuild about 2 channels per second... so 15secs would be the avg wait for 30 channels.

PseudoTV Live is not designed as a stop and go plugin... its designed for the long haul... 24/7 operations... so initial startup will always require some extra parsing time.

Damn that's unfortunate. I timed it so as not to exaggerate, it takes ~9 minutes to rebuild the 30 USTVnow channels. So you're right, not so useful to use as an epg for stop and go if you want to use other kodi addons as well. Any ideas on why I can't access guide data with donation enabled?

When you say 24/7, you mean the intent is to load it and not exit out of the addon without having to rebuild all your channels each time? I guess I was under the wrong impression on usage of PTVL. My search for an epg that works with your USTVnow addon continues.
(2015-07-28, 05:30)Shazb0t Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 04:39)Lunatixz Wrote:

Damn that's unfortunate. I timed it so as not to exaggerate, it takes ~9 minutes to rebuild the 30 USTVnow channels. So you're right, not so useful to use as an epg for stop and go if you want to use other kodi addons as well. Any ideas on why I can't access guide data with donation enabled?

When you say 24/7, you mean the intent is to load it and not exit out of the addon without having to rebuild all your channels each time? I guess I was under the wrong impression on usage of PTVL. My search for an epg that works with your USTVnow addon continues.

PseudoTV Live is designed to replace your cable box, sure u can use it on and off... but expect a few moments load time at startup.
btw you can speed up livetv load time by disabling find missing guide data under PTVL settings..
When v.0.6.6 comes you give it a try... I spent two days rewriting the core components to improve performance. Load times have been dramatically increased.
(2015-08-01, 23:29)Lunatixz Wrote: When v.0.6.6 comes you give it a try... I spent two days rewriting the core components to improve performance. Load times have been dramatically increased.

Will do! Appreciate the effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USTVnow Integration with PTVL0