Help - NextPVR on PC and Fire TV
I'm a newbee and likely have a simple question.

I have a PC running windows 10 and have Kodi 15.1 with Next PVR running on it. The PC has a tuner to receive over-the-air TV signals. Everything works great on the PC, I can watch and record live TV.

I have a TV with no antenna and no cable, but it has a Fire TV box hooked up. I would like to use Kodi on the Fire TV to access my Kodi on the PC to stream live TV and recorded TV from my PC Kodi to the Fire TV Kodi.

But when I try to configure the Kodi on the Fire TV to point the Next PVR Hostname to my PC ip address, it says that the PVR client connect is lost.

I think I'm missing something here. What am I doing wrong?

Much thanks!
This happened to me. I found out when I went back into settings that 192 had been put in there twice. This was because I started on the standard kodi keyboard and then switched the ip address keyboard. It doesn't show but the original numbers you type are still there.

TL;DR go back into the ip address settings and make sure it is right.
It should be pretty straight forward...On your pc open NPVR go to settings / clients tab. where is says xbmc check allow remote access also check enable web server (not sure if the web server needs to be enabled but mine is) I left the pin default 0000 and web server port 8866 default. On your AFTV open kodi go to system / addons / pvr clients / select next pvr client go to configure don't worry about the host name port and pin should already be default no nothing to there. Make sure it is enabled Select ok...pop up says needs to restart select ok. restart kodi and all should be good. if not check that your firewall is not blocking port 8866

Edit: also make sure in kodi you go to settings and enable the TV section
I believe I have the same problem. Just upgraded to Windows 10 on my PC that hosts my NextPVR, but now my FireTV clients can no longer see the hostname of the server. I have to switch my NextPVR settings from the hostname to an IP address so that they communicate. Why is the hostname no longer visible to the FireTV clients. However, in the same timeframe I also switch to an Arris router with integrated wireless. Any chance this Arris router is not keeping a table of client's hostnames?
BKRAFT
Sometimes resolving to hostname can get mucked up in networking, for a variety of reasons. And especially in cross platforms. This is why it's always best to point your platforms to an IP address. Regardless of the situation. it's not your router.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help - NextPVR on PC and Fire TV0