Kodi, Emby, and multiple profiles
Hello,

I spent quite some time setting up my Titan skin shortcuts with the Emby server as a back-end, using a combination of smart shortcuts and playlists. I did it in stages, confirming each main menu worked, and then the submenus and so on.

After setting it up, I enabled multiple profiles and the master lock, and when creating each new profile, chose to: copy the skin defaults, use a separate media info file, and keep the same library source (share with default). Upon booting back into the master profile, which I had renamed, the menus were there, but the thumbnails disappeared, as did the smart shortcuts. When I entered into a new profile that had not been logged into before, Emby did its full run, but again, no smart shortcuts and no thumbnails. Restarting Kodi did not help, nor did rebooting the system. As an aside, I noticed that I could no longer add shortcuts of any type any way (which from searching this forum seems to point to a problem with a skin helper service?).

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide.
I think you are using the beta version of both the skin and the Emby addon ?
There was an issue in latest Emby addon that caused the images to fail, this has been fixed late yesterday, should be fine again now.

Please make sure that your Emby addon updated to the latest version: 1.1.71
and skinhelper service to the latest: 1.0.30
(2016-01-08, 00:40)marcelveldt Wrote: I think you are using the beta version of both the skin and the Emby addon ?
There was an issue in latest Emby addon that caused the images to fail, this has been fixed late yesterday, should be fine again now.

Please make sure that your Emby addon updated to the latest version: 1.1.71
and skinhelper service to the latest: 1.0.30

Nope, not using the latest betas, only stable (1.1.62 ?). I'll have a look at 1.1.71 to see what's up. I have a thread going on the Emby Site that indicates that "local paths" seems to be an issue with Master Lock and Emby, but I am not sure if I've captured all the variables. I removed the local paths and am using the Emby server for playback and it seems to have worked (yesterday anyway, haven't checked today).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi, Emby, and multiple profiles0