Solved Audio distorts the first 5 seconds of playback
So I'm having an odd issue, I've been bearing with it for a few months now so can't pinpoint when it started exactly. However when start playback of most my TV shows the audio is distorted for the first 5 seconds. It sounds like a record player trying to get up to speed, the audio slows down and gets low, then speeds up and gets fast, then finally settles to the correct playback level.

It's not a huge issue, but I was sitting here thinking about it and if it's a common issue or easy fix I'd kick myself for not at least asking the community. Anyone have any feedback? Let me know if I need to post any additional diagnostic info.
It's a known problem with how dvdplayer (and now videoplayer) synchronises the audio and video.
There is typically a small offset that is corrected at start of playback through resampling.

If you disable "sync playback to display" it should avoid this affect (but video stuttering may be worse).
You can enable omxplayer in video/acceleration settings which doesn't have this issue.
@popcornmix

Thanks man, enabling the omxplayer did the trick.. now I'm kicking myself for not asking sooner Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio distorts the first 5 seconds of playback0