Pi Zero OE 6.0.2 firmware
@sraue - on a slight tangent - does the 6.0.2 firmware bump also now mean that the Pi Zero will be detected properly to run at full speed without having to manually overclock it back up to it's normal operating speed?

Good news anyway, and looking forward to 7.0.0 as well for Jarvis.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-02-29, 15:37)DarrenHill Wrote: @sraue - on a slight tangent - does the 6.0.2 firmware bump also now mean that the Pi Zero will be detected properly to run at full speed without having to manually overclock it back up to it's normal operating speed?

The firmware is new enough, so I'd say yes.
(2016-02-29, 15:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 15:37)DarrenHill Wrote: @sraue - on a slight tangent - does the 6.0.2 firmware bump also now mean that the Pi Zero will be detected properly to run at full speed without having to manually overclock it back up to it's normal operating speed?

The firmware is new enough, so I'd say yes.

Just tried it (removed over clock via Leopold's add-on, updated from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 and rebooted) and unfortunately the system info CPU speed readout went back to 700MHz. Then went back to your recommended over clock from before and it read 1000 MHz as before.

So either it's a residue from the older config or the firmware isn't up to it?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-02-29, 23:11)DarrenHill Wrote: Just tried it (removed over clock via Leopold's add-on, updated from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 and rebooted) and unfortunately the system info CPU speed readout went back to 700MHz. Then went back to your recommended over clock from before and it read 1000 MHz as before.

So either it's a residue from the older config or the firmware isn't up to it?

A debug log (wiki) to confirm firmware version and desired freqs would be useful.
Just tried it again to gather the log and is reading 1000MHz now with over clock disabled.

Not sure what happened earlier, but it's OK now.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-02-29, 23:56)DarrenHill Wrote: Just tried it again to gather the log and is reading 1000MHz now with over clock disabled.

Not sure what happened earlier, but it's OK now.

I thought the PI-3 is 1200mhz ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
They're talking about the Zero.
Indeed.

I've split the posts off into a new thread to save any further confusion (as I probably should have done originally, but was in a hurry).

Kodi Blog Posts
LOL Blame my mouse wheel ! I spin it to fast when scanning the thread.....
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi Zero OE 6.0.2 firmware0