Python version on addon.xml file
I'm new to developing for kodi as i'm also intermediate programmer and not so experienced.
So my question is what version of python should i write in addon.xml file under 'requires' line?

Currently developing for isengard 15.2 but i can see that with the new jarvis kodi python is upgraded to 2.7.10. :-)
I think i found the answer in the "Important Threads|" under "Changes to the python API for kodi Krypton:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2196735

So i guess for isengard it should be 2.20.0.

Thanks for the answers. :-)
Couldn't you have just opened any old add-on in an isengard build and read the addons.xml?
* Martijn points to the wiki about addon.xml
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-03-08, 00:34)trogggy Wrote: Couldn't you have just opened any old add-on in an isengard build and read the addons.xml?

I have done it but that is not a way to work well.Wink
I wanted to see a formal document that explains the subject otherwise i could just copy thing without understanding why and what i'm doing.
(2016-03-08, 17:33)pooggy Wrote: I have done it but that is not a way to work well.Wink
I wanted to see a formal document that explains the subject otherwise i could just copy thing without understanding why and what i'm doing.
And you wanted to see it in less than half an hour.
addon.xml (wiki) as Martijn said.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python version on addon.xml file0