Win Kodi 16.0 Jarvis - 1st time user looking for some help
Hey all,

So this is my first time experimenting with Kodi. I am by no means a computer whiz or anything of the likes, but I have been doing a fair amount of research about this. I still however don't completely understand it. Is there a recommended beginners guide someone can point me to?

Basically, I want the following:
It to be able to play Netflix and Amazon Prime video through Kodi
SNES/NES and potentially some Playstation games.
Pandora Radio
Be able to play my local media (movies/music/tv) as well as play discs from my Bluray drive

Not looking for too much else. I want it to run as light and fast while still being graphically appealing and functional for the above tasks.

I also am having a problem where it freezes up sometimes when I try to exit. And I currently have no add ons at all.

Ginsy
(PS- If this is the wrong forum or not allowed, please delete or move)
First time user (wiki) I guess that's why the wiki pages are directly accessible from the top left of the forum pages.

Quote: Netflix and Amazon Prime video through Kodi

Check the blog, FTA: Kodi® (formerly known as XBMC™) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet. Our forums and Wiki are bursting with knowledge and help for the new user right up to the application developer.

The TV set top box industry is rapidly evolving, and providers are picking sides and locking up content to specific hardware. From my understanding Netflix is still available with a subscription, but Amazon might be a different animal. Some games are supported utilizing rom images, I personally don't know how all that works, but I don't think there is a 'everything' solution out there that is fall off the couch easy. There is a number of radio add-ons, I'm sure you'll find one suitable. I would caution, that Official:Forum rules (wiki) we do have an Official Forum Piracy Policy http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=119117 and offer zero support of Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki).

Kodi is ever evolving, and the direction of late, takes it far from the home theatre enthusiasts, and into the cord cutters domain, the future has bright potential, but the industry is circling their wagons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.0 Jarvis - 1st time user looking for some help0