M8 android boot up issues and shortcuts deleting
Hello,Im new here and have been having problems with one of my M8 android boxes. The M8 box works fine when watching stuff etc besides the odd time when links dont work. The problem Im having is when I turn it off and go back to watching something later in the day the android box boots up like its just been unplugged from the wall. It will show the "S802 quad core" screen then the "MBOX make your life colourful" screen then the main android screen with the 6 boxes for settings, apps etc. Once I click on kodi it will boot up but it wont have the "rocket ship" and it wont say anything like "release memory and performance" working good. Once its in kodi the shortcuts I made for different video channels would be deleted. All my video addons arent deleted just the shortcuts. Also when I click on video-addons to watch something there will be the screen where it tells you about the screen to the left which it should only do once kodi is first installed. This happens everytime I turn off and then turn on the box. Shortcuts will be deleted everytime as well if I add them back. Does anyone have these similar issues ? Ive done a factory reset and deleted all apps then added back kodi and addons etc., but it does the same thing everytime.

I have another M8 box that doesnt do any of this and both have been reset and updated with all the same addons etc. Just wondering if there is a fix to the other box.

Thanks
Would these video add-ons be on the banned add-on (wiki) list by any chance? If so then you need to seek assistance wherever you got them (or the box) from, as we do not support any installation contaminated with them.

If not then please gather, upload and post a link to a debug log (wiki) so we can see what may be going on..
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
WOW. These are questions I have for kodi not the addons. If you read my post correctly it states that all the addons are working fine and for some reason kodi keeps crashing and deleting shortcuts and not booting up properly.

Not sure why you sent this link 'While Team Kodi does not regulate what users install or use, we ask that you do not come to any of the official Kodi websites for support on these repos/add-ons. Failure to do so may result in a ban.' I wasn't asking for help for any repos/add-ons.

Im new here and came for help for kodi and not to be sent a link that says I could be banned when I didnt violate anything.
Some of those add-ons have been known to cause all sorts of strange and interesting crashes, and to generally screw things up. So it would not be impossible that something is messing with the way Kodi works and causing your link deletion for example. Hence at least in part why we don't support any install that has them.

If you're not violating anything then as I said before, we need a debug log (wiki) of a reboot or whatever scenario is causing your shortcuts to vanish, and then we can look at it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M8 android boot up issues and shortcuts deleting0