Kodi 16.1 screen truncated on Samsung TV
I have a Samsung model no. UN55C6400RF HDTV and my Kodi screen is truncated and not full screen, the MINIX screen displays fine full screen. I tried all setting possibilities I could think of or find but to no avail.

Here are two pictures that show the problem:

Thanks in advance.
First thing to check would be Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Zoom.

Then check Settings -> System -> Video output -> Calibration

Other than that, I don't know.
(2016-05-22, 01:48)Ned Scott Wrote: First thing to check would be Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Zoom.

Then check Settings -> System -> Video output -> Calibration

Other than that, I don't know.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Zoom will render a full screen but hide the movie controls which is not good.

Calibration done properly.

Could the problem be the specific model of Samsung TV I have and Kodi 16.1?
The movie controls from the home screen? They're supposed to be not visible unless media is playing. If something is playing then they slide into view.
(2016-05-22, 06:50)Ned Scott Wrote: The movie controls from the home screen? They're supposed to be not visible unless media is playing. If something is playing then they slide into view.

Do you mean you do not have the movie controls on the home screen like I do? Or have you zoomed out so only the search button is visible on yours?

If I zoom out so they are not visible then I will have a problem with movie watching controls because they will not be there.
Like I said, the controls will slide into view of there is a video or music playing. Otherwise it should look like this: Image

Hmm, images aren't working...

Click this: http://kodi.wiki/images/5/5b/XBMC_home.jpg
(2016-05-23, 00:56)Ned Scott Wrote: Like I said, the controls will slide into view of there is a video or music playing. Otherwise it should look like this: Image

Hmm, images aren't working...

Click this: http://kodi.wiki/images/5/5b/XBMC_home.jpg

My zoom is now set at 0 and I get the same home screen as you show with only the search function showing.

My zoon was set at -20 to render the movie controls. If you set your zoom to -20 will you get the same home screen showing the controls as I do?

Thanks!
Yep.
I guess this solves my problem, I thought that the movie controls should be visible on the Kodi home screen and the only way to do that was to set zoom to -20.

Now zoom is set to 0 and only the search function is visible.

Thanks very much!
Is possible. ...work on TV Samsung? How? ....Please can you tell me?

Trimis de pe al meu GT-N7100 folosind Tapatalk
Use your TV Remote -> Picture Settings -> Size Fixed. It's an underscan issue, which you should never correct in software, but in hardware.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-05-23, 07:54)fritsch Wrote: Use your TV Remote -> Picture Settings -> Size Fixed. It's an underscan issue, which you should never correct in software, but in hardware.

He's talking about the skin zoom, not the video calibration, as zoom "0 %" (which is default) has fixed it for him. He must have previously decreased the zoom, I guess.
I had decreased the zoom to -20 so that the controls would be visible, see provided picture. I assumed since they are there that they should be visible, seems I have been wrong about that.

With zoom set at 0 I get the same home screen as the picture Ned Scott provided above with only the search function visible.

My Samsung picture size is set to "Size Fixed".

The home screen controls except search can be hidden, do I have it correct now?

Thanks very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.1 screen truncated on Samsung TV0