v17 Feature Req: Infolabel for roles
I was re-reading the development thread on classical and see this:

Quote:I have added info labels for the form ListItem.Property(Role.XXXXXX) where XXXXXX is a role description. In addition to the standard roles: Composer, Conductor, Orchestra, Lyricist, Remixer, Arranger, Engineer, Producer, DJMixer, Mixer - this is flexible so that any role derrived from TMCL/Performer tags e.g. soloist, drummer etc. can be used to return the artist name(s) that play that role for a song.

And there is ListItem.contributor and ListItem.contributorandrole that return all musicians or other people involved (and their role) that have contributed to the recording musch like cast for video.

What happened to this?

scott s.
These info lables exist Scott, and core populates them for both any node showing songs, and song info dialog, just up to skins to use them or not.

If I remember Estuary uses ListItem.contributorandrole on the (song) info dialog and Krypton version of Confluence uses ListItem.Property(Role.composer) etc. too (which is my prefered way really). Obviously need music files with appropriate flags loaded into the library to have any content.

Great if you can make use in your skin Smile
Thanks. could you ping ronie to update the appropriate info in his thread "Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Krypton" 250862 (thread)? Also the wiki @ InfoLabels (wiki).

scott s.
i did make a post about these new infolabels when they were added:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2231252
i only forgot to update the first post with this info ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-05-26, 23:10)ronie Wrote: i did make a post about these new infolabels when they were added:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2231252
i only forgot to update the first post with this info ;-)

Thanks. I guess I missed the specific post.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Req: Infolabel for roles0