Questions about optimizing my setup
I have a Raspberry Pi 3B, rinning LibreELEC 7.0.2 and Kodi 16.1.

I am running "MEDIUM" overclock profile.

I have read up on overclocking, and my general take away is I don't NEED to overclock any further.

I am wondering what settings I can change for further optimization. I primarily use it for streaming video from internet streaming services. I plan on also adding the capability to play ROMs.

I have no real issues that need solved, just looking to dot the i's and cross the t's
If it works why tinker with it ?
Just leave it so it won't overheat.
But I've heard that using a fast USB stick for Kodi does give a speed improvement.
Mine isn't overclocked,
And it can stream 40-50 GB Blu-ray's with HD audio that needs to be converted to 2.0 audio for my bedroom TV because it doesn't support anything else perfect over my network from my server.
Don't see the needs to OC when it does everything I want to.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
It doesn't overheat now, and it streams very well.

I overclocked because I can. I'm not pushing it to any of the extreme specs, just a small bit of overclocking. Might as well use the hardware.

I just want to be sure that I am exploring my fullest capabilities. I noticed that there are ways to make the SD card rin at a faster rate, I don't know if that will be useful.
My RPI 1B's are overclocked. But my RPI 2 isn't and it works perfectly. Personally I saw no point in upgrading to an RPI 3 and if I had one I wouldn't bother overclocking it.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Ok, as I said in the original post I have no desire to further overclock my Pi, the only reason I mentioned it was so that I could be clear about what I have running, and to make it absolutely clear I have NO DESIRE FOR TIPS ABOUT OVERCLOCKING.

So, overclocking COMPLETELY aside, does anyone have tips for optimization. Such as settings I can enable/disable, software to use, bloatware to remove, etc.
Quote:bloatware to remove

What bloatware do you suspect is present in LibreElec?! You're running Kodi on an Rpi... If it runs fine, leave it alone! You are really overthinking this...
I dunno. That is why I ask.

Like I have been cranking up the volume fow weeks, then after I got subtitles working and noticed the audio settings. I saw the amplification tab and suddenly things were awesome! I didn't even consider it a problem, I was prepared to live with it, turning up and down TV volume is easy.

I'm just looking for tips, tricks, and suggestions.
I'm guessing your issues are with the 'streaming video from internet streaming services' and not with the RPi. What 'streaming video from internet streaming services' are you having issues with?
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
There is no bloatware in official LibreELEC releases... it is basically Linux and Kodi. Any bloatware is normally added by users, or anyone that re-packages LibreELEC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Actually I found what one of my issues was. Sometimes the video would stop and I'd get cicked to the Videos page when I would leave Kore to do something else on my phone.

Here the Icons are on the extreme bottom of the page, and I'd fat thumb the homescreen button. Accidentally hitting the Videos button. All the other UIs have a small separation between the extreme bottom and the buttons.

I was having issues with the Netfilx addons, none of my user content (profiles,lists, recently watched, etc) are coming over, so I'm using my XBox for that. The BBC iplayer wasn't connecting (VPN set to London). IARL won't install. The subtitle service (OpenTitles) has no way to rate sources or disallow content from some sources, so the "Chinese" subtitles that are actually just random meaningless characters can't be filtered out.

Then there are a few other addons I can't talk about here. They work fine. Oddly the "bad" stuff works better than the "good" stuff. Lol.
(2016-12-12, 00:30)Phate4569 Wrote: Like I have been cranking up the volume fow weeks, then after I got subtitles working and noticed the audio settings. I saw the amplification tab and suddenly things were awesome! I didn't even consider it a problem, I was prepared to live with it, turning up and down TV volume is easy.

There are literally thousands of Kodi users that have no use for the amplification tab. Everyone's Rpi/Kodi setups are diverse and as individual as they are. There is no be all/end all list of "tweaks" for all setups. There is no "holy grail" of Kodi settings.
Why do you suspect that Kodi (OSMC or LibreElec or other) would arrive configured by default with anything but the best known default settings already?

Additionally, any clickbait link you may find in a google search with a title similar to "Top 10 Kodi Tweaks That Will Blow Your Mind!!!" should be regarded as trash.
I know, while I know LibreELEC and Kodi are already optimized, it is a general optimization, and everything can always be improved. That is why I'm asking for tips. Someone may have stumbled across something interesting and useful during their Kodi experience. I know there are probably billions of tweaks, and most are probably completely subjective. I'm just looking for interesting things like "Hey while I was setting things up I found This cool thing, you should try it." The volume thing was an just an example, I know not everyone would bother with that issue, but that's why it is the type of thing I am talking about. A small random thing that made my user experience that much better.
Something that may improve your user experience, may very likely kill someone elses...

Enjoy your Kodi!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about optimizing my setup0