v16 unresponsive MXQ S905 OTT TV Box
(2017-01-10, 03:46)Kundalini Wrote: Thanks @wrxtasy

If only my S905 was responsive to remote control commands! I still haven't got any remotes or remote apps to work, otherwise I'd flash LibreELEC Kodi to a Samsung EVO or Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 micro SDHC card & use that on the S905. So if I don't manage to resolve my S905 remote control bug would you say best option is to buy a Shield with Android Nougat on it? Or would you suggest a second option? Also checking that this would allow me to play a wide variety of video formats?
If you have a HDMI-CEC control compatible TV and use LibreELEC Kodi, you can simply control it all from the TV remote. Works well for most TV's and AML S905 boxes. The AMLogic Firmware used with LibreELEC is far far superior to what you have with cheap AMLogic Android and will likely fix your remote issues as well.

I've just updated the USA Spec - Xiaomi Mi Box - Firmware this morning. That now fixes the remaining 10bit HEVC playback issues it had on it when using SPMC (Kodi). If you do not need Kodi dynamic refresh switching, 24p, HD Audio passthrough or deinterlacing of Over the Air 1080p H264 TV then it is a bargain at $69. Plays virtually everything I throw at it now. The Bluetooth Voice remote is excellent on the Mi Box.

Be aware on official Android TV boxes like the Shield and Mi Box, you still need to buy a Wireless Air Mouse remote or Touchpad / Keyboard to use the non Android TV - Sideloaded - regular touchscreen Android Apps properly. I personally use a MINIX A2 Lite Remote.

Hi @wrxtasy

if I don't manage to resolve my S905 remote control bug would you say best option is to buy a Shield with Android Nougat on it? Or would you suggest a second option? Also checking that this would allow me to play a wide variety of video formats?
As I previous stated, simply get a Samsung EVO or Sandisk micro SDHC card and flash the following LibreELEC Kodi version to it:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3588.html

You will be very surprised with the results and the number of codecs that actually playback correctly right out of the gate. HD Audio as well.
Its the bargain Kodi device of the year this LE AML S905 combo. Smile

(2017-01-11, 06:11)wrxtasy Wrote: Be aware on official Android TV boxes like the Shield and Mi Box, you still need to buy a Wireless Air Mouse remote or Touchpad / Keyboard to use the non Android TV - Sideloaded - regular touchscreen Android Apps properly. I personally use a MINIX A2 Lite Remote.

That may be unnecessary as the new controller for the Shield supposedly includes 6 axis motion control. How or even if this will work with non-Android TV games in unknown, but it may also mean that there is no need to use any additional peripherals.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That is good news if it works as expected. Especially for the Chrome App.

On rooted Android devices, you can use the Sixaxis Android App and a PS3/4 controller to emulate an Air mouse. That works well, with speed and accuracy when I last tested it on the WeTek Hub.

Thanks @wrxtasy & @Tinwarble

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unresponsive MXQ S905 OTT TV Box0