Win Restoring from Export To Separate Files
Question 
Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help explain further.

Previously I had used the "Export Video Library to separate files" option in order to delete my library and restore it to a new DB. This worked fine.

However I am now wondering about "best practice" if I wanted to rename my video files? Will the export to separate files still work when importing the data even if the path is different?

Basically I would like to rename my video files to be easier to navigate but I don't want to do this in trade of losing my watched status...etc.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
Once you rename the video file, to place it in the library would require a re-scrape/re-fresh. "Export Video Library to separate files" is great for users that more files around, it allows a local re-scrape without an internet connection, fast and easy. "Export Video Library to single files" works well for re-establishing the library if the paths and set-up are the same, think back-up.

Suggestion: If all the files and meta-data are named correctly e.g. let's say you change "Starwars" to Star Wars, you would need to change not only the movie name, but the .nfo and the -poster and -fanart, then a local scrape would bring it in on a refresh. I believe TheRenamer (wiki) does that in one go, but you would still need to refresh.

If all you want to do is restore you library from from Export To Separate Files, set your scraper to 'local information only' and let Kodi pull meta-data from the source. Don't forget to set your scraper back to default at the end of the process.
(2017-01-15, 23:20)PatK Wrote: Once you rename the video file, to place it in the library would require a re-scrape/re-fresh. "Export Video Library to separate files" is great for users that more files around, it allows a local re-scrape without an internet connection, fast and easy. "Export Video Library to single files" works well for re-establishing the library if the paths and set-up are the same, think back-up.

Suggestion: If all the files and meta-data are named correctly e.g. let's say you change "Starwars" to Star Wars, you would need to change not only the movie name, but the .nfo and the -poster and -fanart, then a local scrape would bring it in on a refresh. I believe TheRenamer (wiki) does that in one go, but you would still need to refresh.

If all you want to do is restore you library from from Export To Separate Files, set your scraper to 'local information only' and let Kodi pull meta-data from the source. Don't forget to set your scraper back to default at the end of the process.

Hey Patk, sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks for the info/help. I think I'll just keep the files the way they are for now. Tongue

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restoring from Export To Separate Files0