Help to see my Video Folder from my PC
Hi
I am new on this Forum .
I have a Sony TV Android and I unstalled the KODI new version 1.7 Krypton
On my PC , I have a folder with videos . It is located on E disk . This folder is shared .
I can't see ( and create ) this folder with KODI . KODI reconize the name on my PC and the name of the group .With VLC , i can see this folder
I precise , that I can see a movie from the folder C :/ user/ my name / video .
I would have your help in order to see my folder on E disk
Regards
Robert
No anwser ?
Thank you for your help
Don't be so impatient.

How have you shared the folder on the PC, and how are you trying to access it in Kodi?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-11, 10:42)DarrenHill Wrote: Don't be so impatient.

How have you shared the folder on the PC, and how are you trying to access it in Kodi?
Thank for your response
Yes my folder is shared . I am trying to access to this folder with KODI ( version 17. Krypton ) . I create the path in network with the same name ot the folder in the network as :// name of PC / name of folder .
KODI ask me the name and password ( I don't have the passwork ) . I don't understand .
Windows 10 PC?

If so there are several threads on this in the windows section. It's new security measures in Windows, see the link below (there are several similar around).

https://techjourney.net/cannot-connect-t...indows-10/
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you Darren
My PC works with Windows 10 and it is updated .
I don't followed your tuto because it is too complicated for me .
Neithertheless , I have succeeded and now I can read my videos and photos from the shared folders ON MY pc by added correctly the folders in the network .
I made just an error in creating a sub folder in the principal folder "My Photos" and I am trying to delete the subfolder ( not neccessary ) in the Images Menu but I don't find the rigth way to do that . Do you have an idea ?
If you mean in Kodi try the context menu (long press). I don't use Kodi for pictures though so I'm not much help there I'm afraid.

Kodi Blog Posts
Fine !
It is ok now thanks to long press touch .
Regards
In a tutorial I read but haven't tried yet is to set up the share as if you want to password protect it to a user and then go back to sharing it non protected.
Same issue with having files not being read only I had to set it to click on it three times so it says read only again confirm then go back and make it not read only. On top of that windows has a picture issue that the solid black box will always be there when it's not read only!

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Deleted
(2017-02-12, 02:50)gjkrisa Wrote: In a tutorial I read but haven't tried yet is to set up the share as if you want to password protect it to a user and then go back to sharing it non protected.
Same issue with having files not being read only I had to set it to click on it three times so it says read only again confirm then go back and make it not read only. On top of that windows has a picture issue that the solid black box will always be there when it's not read only!

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)
Please could you give the link for the tutorial ?
Couldn't find the exact one but this explains how to do both
http://windowsreport.com/folder-cant-be-...indows-10/

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help to see my Video Folder from my PC0