v17 No HW-Acceleration?
Hello,

i used Kodi 13-16.1 on a Intel NUC dn2820fykh with onBoard-graphics without problems over the last years; generally, because i can play bigger mkv-fullhd-videos without lags (like on amazon fire tv/stick).
Since i updated to Kodi 17, it seems that the usage of hardware-acceleration is broken: Any FullHD-File i played will be software-decoded; the CPU runs at 100% and the videos stuck.
I set the option in the settings to use DXVA2 to decode Videos - but, also after a reboot, the videos are still decoded by CPU (pressed O during playback to check the Video-Codec/Renderer).

Kodi is running on Windows 10; drivers + Windows are up-to-date. I updated Kodi from 16.1 to 17.0 (installed all packages during install).

Is there someone other who has the same problem? Is there anything i could try?
Let us have a proper debug log, might give some idea if there's something off. I've been holding with windows 7 because the driver for my graphic card isn't supported in windows 10. Most of these issues end up to be driver support, or lack of it.
(2017-02-15, 20:07)PatK Wrote: Let us have a proper debug log, might give some idea if there's something off. I've been holding with windows 7 because the driver for my graphic card isn't supported in windows 10. Most of these issues end up to be driver support, or lack of it.

I will post a Debug Log the next days.
I tought, it would be a driver-issue too, so i reinstalled the original Intel-Driver - but the problem still exists. Kodi 16.1 on the same machine some days ago hasn't this problem, so - when it regards the graphicdriver, it has to be a problem with the Kodi 17-Update or kodi itself.

But i dont know.. it doesn't seem, that someone else has this problem with Kodi 17. Maybe, i will reinstall Win10+Kodi on my Nuc or test it with my other Win10 clients Undecided Will try it on the weekend.. thanks for your answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No HW-Acceleration?0