v17 Refresh movie info results in update to added to library date?
I seem to remember in previous versions of Kodi, when refreshing info for an older movie in the database does NOT change the "added to library" date. But in Krypton, it seems like refreshing the info CHANGES the "added to library" date to the current date. This creates a problem since that's the way I prefer to sort my library view.

Should refreshing an old movie's information ever change the "added to library" date?
A simple refresh will not change the added date if the .nfo is saved with the file. The scraper looks into the movie folder for the .nfo and will take that information if it's complete, otherwise it will exit to the web and gather the information needed and write up a new .nfo (which changes date added).
Thanx for the explanation. I usually rely on the database and don't use NFO's. I'll look for those NFO's on the older files.

Is there a way to sort the library by the video file date?
Well you have the sort by year or date-added on the left slip out menu in library mode, smart playlists have the entire basket of rules, should anyone fit, shouldn't be too hard to make it into a feature from favourites or some launch.
Thanx for the hint on smart playlists. I looked in there, and there is no option to sort by File Date?
(2017-04-08, 09:05)M3Rocket Wrote: Thanx for the hint on smart playlists. I looked in there, and there is no option to sort by File Date?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Recently added in the  Last 8 weeks</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="inthelast">
        <value>8 Weeks</value>
    </rule>
    <group>none</group>
    <order direction="ascending">rating</order>
</smartplaylist>

Think sort order by date added is one of the last items in the playlist, or where you thinking by actual file stamp.
Yes--I actually prefer sorting by file date stamp.

The "added to library" date is misleading since refreshing an existing movie causes the added to library date to change. In my opinion, it should NOT change the date of when the file was scanned originally/initially and added to the database. Because refreshing the information for that particular movie to get the latest fanart for instance, does not mean the movie was just added to the library.
(2017-04-15, 03:47)M3Rocket Wrote: Yes--I actually prefer sorting by file date stamp.

The "added to library" date is misleading since refreshing an existing movie causes the added to library date to change. In my opinion, it should NOT change the date of when the file was scanned originally/initially and added to the database. Because refreshing the information for that particular movie to get the latest fanart for instance, does not mean the movie was just added to the library.

Maybe this in advancedsettings?
Code:
<dateadded>1</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
                                 1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
                                 2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh movie info results in update to added to library date?0