Update Library Question
If I perform a Library Update, does the scan and scrapping only capture new videos and not change the existing data for files already in the library?

The situation I have in mind concerns a TV Series on DVD. The entries in the 'thetvdb.com' site are incorrect and the videos are not scraped correctly. The DVD Series and Episode number are out of sequence on the web site. I can get it to scrape correctly if I alter the file name to match what's on the web site. However, should the site then correct the series ordering, would a further update of my library cause the videos to be re-scraped to the incorrect order?

Thxs
My understanding is that once it is scanned, that's it. Kodi then searches for only new items not in the database. If you deleted an episode though, Kodi would re-scrape it back. But it does not modify items already in the library. You would need to run a "refresh" or remove the item to force Kodi to rescrape the information

Also, the following may be of help regarding DVD order and TVDB listings

Quote:The entries in the 'thetvdb.com' site are incorrect
Post #9 & #11 here... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2559630
Thanks for the quick reply

(2017-04-24, 10:32)blossom24 Wrote: My understanding is that once it is scanned, that's it. Kodi then searches for only new items not in the database. If you deleted an episode though, Kodi would re-scrape it back. But it does not modify items already in the library. You would need to run a "refresh" or remove the item to force Kodi to rescrape the information

Also, the following may be of help regarding DVD order and TVDB listings

Quote:The entries in the 'thetvdb.com' site are incorrect
Post #9 & #11 here... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2559630

That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. Thanks also for the link but I had read that already and was aware of the AIRED/DVD order. However, this particular series (Inspector Lewis) seems to be really screwed up on the web site. I may request a change

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library Question0