Update help plz...really struggling
Hi I have tried several times to upgrade my box but I know next to nothing regarding technology.

MXQ Box

Model number: m201

Android version: 4.4.2

Build number: KOT49H.20150610test-keys

Kernel version: 3.10.33

Free memory: 141mb

Operating system: android 4.4.2 api level 19(kernel:Linux 3.10.33)

GPU: Ma!I -450mp

Open Gl vendor: Arm

Open Gl version: OpenGl ES 2.0

CPU: ARM v 7 processor rev 1 (v7l)

Hardware: Amlogic Meson 8B

Revision: 000a

Series 1b00000000000000

Does any of that mean anything to any1 plz....all I know is my box is not working right.

Thank u
What version of kodi are you running now? As your box only had android 4.4.2 then it cannot run Kodi Krypton as that needs at least Android 5.0. (at least if you want to use the official release version from us).

When you say it's not working, what exactly do you mean? What isn't working?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
"Upgrade the box" would mean, to any IT litterate person, "upgrade android OS", which is not possible on chinese boxes since none ot them provide any updates (maybe few exceptions). But I think what he means is update Kodi....

Bad news is Kodi 17 doesn't run on Android version lower than 5.0....
Same hint I have given in the other thread... follow this link for a fork of Kodi v17 that runs on Android 4.4.x

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2582708

However you will get no support here on the Kodi forums for such forks, see the MyGica forums.

Hi DarrenHill - its kodi version 14.2 when trying to update via system - online update says "check failed! Check your OAT server. Hopefully the link wrxtasy has provided will do the trick.

DaLanik - sorry yes I did mean update Kodi and thank you for the information

Wrxtasy - thank you for the link and information - will give it a go.

Thank you every1 for ur help its very much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update help plz...really struggling0