Python Plugin/Skin Integers
Hi, I'm modifying a plugin that is written in Python. It builds an EPG and I'm trying to set up a variable width field.

From what I've read:
1. Python can't use the EPGGRID hence the hand made grid.
2. $INFO[] cannot be used in height/width fields.

I've tried using includes/include but it doesn't seem to work, at all. Is this another python limitation? I've tried some SUPER simple includes like <include name='width300'><width>300</width></include> and <include content=width300></width>.
I've tried passing integers through from the plugin and was using item.setInfo('video', {'duration': int}) which the compiler would accept but i couldn't retrieve it on the other side, i couldn't figure out how. That's when i read point 2 and stopped this path.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Edit, testing on 17.5/18 on windows. Behaviour of both are different when the width is fed a string it seems too.
Edit, it's technically a 'script' not a plugin i believe.
(2017-10-31, 06:31)vorghahn Wrote: I've tried using includes/include but it doesn't seem to work, at all. Is this another python limitation? I've tried some SUPER simple includes like <include name='width300'><width>300</width></include> and <include content=width300></width>.

correct. includes are not possible in python skins.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-10-31, 12:26)ronie Wrote: correct. includes are not possible in python skins.

Do includes from the base skin Includes.xml file work?

Martin
not really, since you don't know which skin a user is using. whatever is defined in includes.xml differs from skin to skin.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-10-31, 22:38)ronie Wrote: not really, since you don't know which skin a user is using. whatever is defined in includes.xml differs from skin to skin.
 I do though since I use the .getSkinDir() API call and since my addon code has customizations for skin.estuary and skin.confluence plus generic code for other skins can I assume that includes do actually work?

Martin
(2017-11-21, 00:08)emveepee Wrote:
(2017-10-31, 22:38)ronie Wrote: not really, since you don't know which skin a user is using. whatever is defined in includes.xml differs from skin to skin.
 I do though since I use the .getSkinDir() API call and since my addon code has customizations for skin.estuary and skin.confluence plus generic code for other skins can I assume that includes do actually work?

Martin 
in that case, sure they will work :-)
(2017-11-21, 00:31)ronie Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 00:08)emveepee Wrote:

Martin  
in that case, sure they will work :-) 
Great thanks for the info.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Plugin/Skin Integers0