Why is VideoPlayer so much slower than DVDPlayer when playing streams?
(2018-01-10, 19:24)FernetMenta Wrote: The maintainer of this part wanted to provide some testing version. I pinged him a couple of days ago but have not gotten any response so far.

Thanks for the update!
(2018-01-10, 19:24)FernetMenta Wrote: The maintainer of this part wanted to provide some testing version. I pinged him a couple of days ago but have not gotten any response so far.

Hi @FernetMenta :

Just following up about the FFMPEG patch. Have you been able to get an update from the maintainer? Thanks!
Unfortunately no progress. BTW: the maintainer is also team Kodi member. He seems to be busy with real life.
(2018-02-10, 09:44)FernetMenta Wrote: Unfortunately no progress. BTW: the maintainer is also team Kodi member. He seems to be busy with real life.

Very reasonable. I'll follow up in another month or so to check where we are at. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!!!
@FernetMenta , just checking if there has been any progress on this front.

If it is not possible in the near future, would you consider any workaround like how it was handled in Jarvis?

Thanks!!!

PS: Hopefully you don't see my insistence as demanding, it is not. I just think it would be great if this gets added on Kodi 18 which I am using and liking every bit of it. With PSVue (and others like Sling TV, YouTube TV, DirectTV Now, etc here in the U.S.) the dream of wirecutting seems to finally coming true with viable live TV options while making Kodi the one interface to rule them all possible. Thanks for the free time you and all other kodi developers put to this amazing software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is VideoPlayer so much slower than DVDPlayer when playing streams?0