Solved Video will not play
Windows 10 64bit i7 15Gig HP laptop
Kodi 18 Nov 27, 2017 nightly build

Wierd problem: When I start Kodi and play a video it will play fine, but after it stops and I try to play another video I just get the first frame frozen and a buffering message that soon disappears but the video never starts.
If I restart Kodi: the problem still exists.
If I reboot the computer I am able to play one more video.

Attached is debug log of the event.

The problem exists if I use memory cache or disk cache. I have tried hardware, software and auto decoding with the same result. It occurs on local videos and remote videos.

Can someone point me in the right direction to correct this?

Thank you

https://pastebin.com/9UjJWKUf
That is an incomplete and not a FULL debug log.
Please provide the complete log file.
(2017-11-27, 23:35)Klojum Wrote: That is an incomplete and not a FULL debug log.
Please provide the complete log file.
 Thank you for the reply. I hesitate to provide a complete debug log as I have been using Kodi for so many years, upgrading with each evolution, that I cannot ensure that there is not some forgotten repository or unused addon that is objected to by  the masters here, and I do not want to risk a ban.

The log I provided began just as the failed video started. Is there some other part of the log that would provide what you need?
@doktourtv

We don't ban for errors or oversights.

If you have a repository installed that is banned here, you will be told and given the opportunity to remove and re-submit a new clean log.

As it stands now, the partial log you submitted does not provide enough information to provide you any meaningful assistance.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-28, 00:29)Karellen Wrote: @doktourtv

We don't ban for errors or oversights.

If you have a repository installed that is banned here, you will be told and given the opportunity to remove and re-submit a new clean log.

As it stands now, the partial log you submitted does not provide enough information to provide you any meaningful assistance.
Understood: Here is complete debug log please advise what might be the problem:

https://pastebin.com/dWwMxTuC
I discovered the problem and hopefully it will help someone else who has the same problem.

Apparently when the Nov 27 2017 64 bit windows nightly was installed, it somehow changed the PVR playback fallback framerate from OFF to 59.94 in the guisettings.xml. This is a setting I have never touched so somehow the installation made that change.

Once it was set back to OFF, all videos played properly.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video will not play0