enable subtitles only when language differs?
Is there a way in Kodi to automatically enable subtitles for TV Shows (and Movies) ONLY when spoken language differs from the main language? A classic example would be Narcos. 

So it automatically loads that type of subtitles that only shows the translations?

Thank you
That’s possible if the used subtitle honours it
thanks, I know how to select it manually. That's not the issue. But I am setting this up for my father. He doesn't know anything about technology. He just wants to watch. 

Is there a way to set Kodi up so it automatically loads that type of subtitles that only shows the translations?
Like i said you have to prepare the right subtitle version if one exists for the particular show. In other words: its possible if a subtitle file exists that only translates particular sections.

I don’t think the subtitlesystem has the intelligence to make any decision which translations to show from a file.
Someone correct me if i am missing anything..

Hope that clears it up.
ok, so I have to set it up manually for each TV-Show. How do I do it once so it's loaded for each episode?

edit: I tried but saving it for one episode didn't work!
I dont think that’s the way to go to accomplish what you want.

The only way i know how to do this is

- Set subtitles to always be ON
- Find a subtitle that only translates foreign parts for the file(s) in question
The required subtitles already exist - among many others. What settings do I need so the right one loads up for each episode? 

I can't do this for each episode manually. Doesn't make any sense.
I am still struggling with this. Please help people.

Merry Christmas
If my suggestion doesn't work for you (should work any and every time, just remove all other subs for a movie or series but the desired one), then i am afraid i am out if suggestions.
Maybe someone else has other suggestions.

Merry Christmas to you (and everyone)

Atreyu
there is no way to remove subtitles. It's Amazon and Netflix.
IMHO you could do that with the file itself if it's Matroska, for example. Use a muxer like mkvtoolnix and set desired subtitle to forced display. If it's a same language subtitle, disable forced view.
Yeah, but Amazon and Netflix are streaming services.
another one with an idea?
No. You get what the provider gives. Your father will need to learn the remote.
any other suggestion PLEASE!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
enable subtitles only when language differs?0