Recording TV programs on a NAS shared folder from tvHeadend running on LibreELEC
Hi all,
I succesfully configured the tvHeadEnd server on my Wetek Play2 mediabox running LibreElec (last official version). I configured from the Web interface of the tvHE server from my PC. All works fine.
Now 'm trying to set as recording location a shared folder (named TVRecs) of my Synology NAS. I set the RW permission on the NAS to this folder to the user AAA with its pwd BBB.
Then, using the file location section of Kodi, I set a new network location using SMB protocol, with Server = 192.168.x.yy, folder = TVRecs,  user AAA, pwd BBB . It appears as \\IPNAS\TVRecs. Good.
Now, using the tvHeadEnd Kodi configuration addon, I set the Recording location picking up the above defined network location, and the textbox is filled with the string "  smb://AAA:[email protected]/TVRecs/

Obviously, opening the Web Interface from the PC, in Configuration->Recording->Parameters in the field "Recording path" I see the same string.

OK, all it seems correctly configured.
Now, when I try to record a TV program, it starts but immediately stops. What I miss? 
I have to say that, running an Android TV instance on the Play2 instead of LibreELEC, and setting the same remote folder using an utility provided by Wetek, and configuring in the same way tvHeadEnd on Kodi, all it works perfectly ,and I'm able to recording all the stuff on the NAS remote folder. So it cannot be an issue related to permission on the folder....

Anybody can help me?
Thanks a lot in advance

Andrea
Hi,

you have to mount the network share in Libreelec and not over Kodi. Tvheadend don't "see" them. 

I mounted NFS share from Qnap under Libreelec and use it as recording path. Description here

https://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Mount...mple_mount
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Client: Kodi Leia on Shield 16GB Client: RP2 Libreelec Kodi Leia
Another common problem with NFS (especially on Synology) is the uid/gid mapping. Most guides simply tell you to "squash" the authentication so everything is essentially handled as "root".

I personally use a different approach. My Tvheadend server mounts a share from my Synology as NFS, but it is manually set to 2775, meaning the Tvheadend user and group have full permissions, and group permissions are preserved for newly created files. I only ever access this share from my Tvheadend server, as changing any of the permissions directly on the Synology would mess up the existing mappings.

LibreELEC is a little different in that its startup and configuration files are a bit different, so achieving the same may require extra work.

Another (and perhaps easier) option is to mount your share as CIFS/SMB, and then you don't really have to worry about permissions issues and mappings in the same manner.
(2018-02-02, 21:29)Perlbo Wrote: Hi,

you have to mount the network share in Libreelec and not over Kodi. Tvheadend don't "see" them. 

I mounted NFS share from Qnap under Libreelec and use it as recording path. Description here

https://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Mount...mple_mount
Hi , following the guide described at the above indicated link... it works perfectly! Thanks a lot
Andrea

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording TV programs on a NAS shared folder from tvHeadend running on LibreELEC0