v17 TV Show with the word "sample" in it won't show in library
Hi.
I had issues scraping the show Shomin Sample because of the word "sample" in the folder, so i renamed it, no issue after.
But now, even though when i go in file mode, it shows the correct infos, it won't appear in the TV Shows category. I'm guessing it's still because of the word "sample" in the show's name.
Is there any way to remove that exclusion ? Unless it's something else of course ^^

Thank you
Hmm, that is interesting. I tested your show and confirm it will not scrape. https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=284073&lid=7

I have also used a parsing nfo and no luck.

Strangely, the show is found by the scraper as you can select it from the list of similar TV Shows, but it then returns a "No Information Found" once you select the show.

@scudlee or @olympia are you able to diagnose?

Log at line 1050... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/X3rrp9cdTq/

There are also a number of alternate names that you can try if you like @EnderEOC ...
cpp:
Series Name Lang By Date
Ore ga Ojō-sama Gakkō ni Shomin Sample Toshite Rachirareta Ken en DarklightIndigo Oct 10, 2015
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni Shomin Sample Toshite Rachirareta Ken en DarklightIndigo Oct 10, 2015
Story in Which I Was Kidnapped by a Young Lady’s School to be a Sample of the Common People en DarklightIndigo Oct 3, 2015
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni Shomin Sample Toshite Rachirareta Ken de DarklightIndigo Oct 10, 2015
Ojo -sama ga Ore Gakkō nor Shomin Sample Toshite Rachirareta Ken fr Maretoh Feb 15, 2016
Ore ga Ojō-sama Gakkō ni Shomin Sample Toshite Rachirareta Ken ja DarklightIndigo Oct 10, 2015
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni Shomin Sample Toshite Rachirareta Ken ja DarklightIndigo Oct 10, 2015
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
it's quite simple.
We have added "sample"  to be ignored for scraping cause at times a lot of videos also had samples next to them
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn any way to disable the exclusion ?

edit : one way to bypass is to remove "sample" even from the episodes filename. Then it's working. I guess that will do it for now but it could become problematic if a new show uses this word, specially when using sonarr/sickrage.
I would assume you need to create a advancedsettings.xml with a excludefromscan section as detailed in https://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings....defromscan but removing the line with sample in it in the example given tbat contains the defaults. That would override those defaults I believe.
(2018-02-17, 20:21)Martijn Wrote: it's quite simple.
We have added "sample"  to be ignored for scraping cause at times a lot of videos also had samples next to them

Thanks @Martijn, I'll add that to the wiki page. Any other words on the ignore list?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
See link jjd-uk posted
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thx everyone.
I had to add the section in advancedsettings.xml (minus the sample part). Mine didn't have it so i assumed no exclusion were active.
For others looking for the solution, enter the following into your advancedsettings.xml file and restart Kodi...

cpp:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
<regexp></regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show with the word "sample" in it won't show in library0