Library issues
Morning,

I have a Shield TV running SPMC. Thought I’d give Kodi another bash, as it appears to be working better on Android now but I have an issue when installing Kodi.

I have my movie library, with NFS share, and all is working fine on SPMC. When I install Kodi and go to add the NFS share it has disappeared and won’t find it at all. I can’t browse for it or anything. Now here the funny part. When I then go back into SPMC it has disappeared from there too. This only happens after I’ve installed Kodi. I have restarted my NAS and it still won’t find it. I have to uninstall Kodi for me to be able to see it again. I also have this problem with my fire tv box, it does exactly the same thing. I have to uninstall Kodi and restart the NAS to see the NFS share again.

I know people used to say there was some issues running the two together but I had been doing this a while ago and everything was fine. Working as it should and both could acces the library.

Any clue where to begin? Is this a known issue?

Sorry for the long winded post. All I want to do is have a look at Kodi v17.6/v18 and see if it’s any better than SPMC now.

TIA
Which NFS protocol are you using on your NAS? NFSv4 for example? If so, Kodi uses libnfs and therefore is only able to use NFSv3. If your NAS uses NFSv4 Kodi won´t recognize it.

It might be, that SPMC uses something different and if Kodi is installed it might interfere with SPMC probably (that´s a guess). If SPMC does something different, you have to ask them.

If your NAS uses NFSv3, then please share a full Debug Log with us while trying to add a source, so we might see, what happens (or not).

@Koying   might know best

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library issues0