Using KODI With MESH WIFI
I am not new to KODI but am rather not informed when it comes to some aspects of networking.

This is my issue - I am using the KODI app on an nVidea Shield TV accessing movies stored on an NAS connected to the same home network.  Everything works fine when it is hardwired to my ATT Gateway via ethernet.

In trying to improve my WIFI connection I purchased a Netgear ORBI.  When connected via ethernet or WIFI with the SSID for the ATT Gateway it works fine.  When I connect to the Netgear ORBI via WIFI and use the SSID for the ORBI KODI does not find the NAS that the movies are stored on.

I "think" I realize that the SSID needs to be changed - but where?  Everything(Netflix, Hulu etc) works fine when the Shield is connected to the ORBI but not KODI.

Thanks!
If you put your kodi behind the orbi and your nas directly behind the ATT router, kodi and nas are in different networks. You will probably have to redefine your source definitions in kodi

Maybe post network drawing here. Plus screen shot of how source in kodi is defined

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using KODI With MESH WIFI0