v17 Kodi v17 all audio & sounds stopped working after Windows 10 update from 1709 to 1803
Hi,

System :
Kodi v17.6
Windows 10 pro x64 1803
Asus H87M-PRO motherboard, Realtek HD Audio, Intel HD Graphics 4600
8GB RAM
Intel Core i5 4440
TV connected via HDMI
7.1 Audio set connected via the usual analog connectors

I was running Kodi v17 without problems on Windows 10 1709. At some point, windows 10 forced the update to 1803 (I was too late to stop it and can't revert back to 1709). Since then (at least that seems to be the moment it changed) I no longer have audio in Kodi. Not from video's, music files nor system sounds.
In windows 10 itself, audio seems to work normally, also when I test a movie with VLC player.

I already removed the windows 10 drivers for video and audio, and reinstalled the original Windows 10 drivers from Asus, no change.
I've searched for similar posts, but none provided a solution for the issue

The kodi.log : https://paste.kodi.tv/ovaduzojez.kodi

I hope someone can help with this
It's likely the drivers where overwritten by the new windows update, grab the latest Intel HD Graphics 4600 drivers. Might be an opportunity to update to Kodi Leia? The only real complaint in your log is with service.sleepy.watchdog
Hi,

I already installed the original drivers from Asus after Windows 10 update.

what about these lines in the log?
Quote:13:56:50.147 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD" on device "Philips FTV (Intel® Display Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.147 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD" on device "Philips FTV (Intel® Display Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.147 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_EAC3" on device "Philips FTV (Intel® Display Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.148 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_DTS" on device "Philips FTV (Intel® Display Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.152 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: sample rate 192khz on device "Philips FTV (Intel® Display Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.157 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD" on device "Realtek HDMI Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.157 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD" on device "Realtek HDMI Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.157 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_EAC3" on device "Realtek HDMI Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.158 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_DTS" on device "Realtek HDMI Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" seems to be not supported. 13:56:50.158 T:4780 NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: stream type "STREAM_TYPE_AC3" on device "Realtek HDMI Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" seems to be not supported.
If you're using dierctsound, wasapi audio is not used. "13:56:50.277 T:4820 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: Initializing DirectSound with the following parameters:" I would consider wasapi mode with Leia RCx in portable mode, let's see if it's a windows 10 thing with the hardware. https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable
You list 2 devices that have sound...

Realtek HD Audio, Intel HD Graphics 4600

Which one is default Sound in Windows?

In Kodi, do you have sound set to 7.1 or 2.0 channels, and is it passthrough? Also, are you using DirectSound or WASAPI?

Also, what does "7.1 Audio set connected via the usual analog connectors" mean exactly? Are you connecting your Kodi box to the TV, then to a 7.1 audio sound system via Optical? or something else?
Oh, and forgot, if you have a keyboard connected to your Kodi install, did you click the + key on the keyboard to verify that the sound settings in Kodi are turned up (and not muted). This is a Kodi function that is separate from the regular Windows Sound volume commands.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v17 all audio & sounds stopped working after Windows 10 update from 1709 to 18031