H 265 hevc files wont play.
I can not play any h 265 videos in kodi 18.
My setup is a i7-6700t. 16gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1070 video card. Windows 10 Pro.

H 265 files can play on my computer itself, but streaming from a local storage or ftp to my computer thru kodi 18 does not work.

I get the spinning wheel and then nothing, no error message, no nothing. The spinning wheel disappears and i am back staring at the screen with the video selection list, not even a event is in the log.

Additional info if it helps. Clean install of kodi 18 yesterday, no 3rd party addons. Everything is oem with kodi.

Any help will be appreciated.

Also I used handbreak to convert h265 to h264 while maintaining all video properties and that seems to work. How ever h265 is becoming a new standard and we need a way to make it work.
I probably can't help with your problem, but you will need to post a debug log to get any help from anyone who can help.
Also is this 10bit H265? If so I don't believe skylake processors can decode.
(2019-02-04, 01:37)disaacso Wrote: Also is this 10bit H265? If so I don't believe skylake processors can decode.

I have tried both 8bit and 10bit. Still no dice. I am not finding anything in the logs which is odd, but i just moved up to kodi 18. Is there a different path i am unaware of for maybe the proper logs?
Also i can play the video footage fine with vlc and mphc on the same computer. It just wont play thru kodi 18
settings > system >logging > enable debug logging.  restart kodi, try to play the file, then upload the debug log to pastebin and post the link
I see the same thing every now and then on x265 files that normally play fine, and I started a thread on it a few days ago:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340073

Look in your Windows Event Log, section, System, for Informational Event ID 26, "Application popup: Windows - Out of Virtual Memory : Your system is low on virtual memory" occurring at the same time as the Kodi issue. Look also at kodi.log for errors like these occurring a few lines after you open the file:

ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
ERROR: CAEStreamInfo::GetDuration - invalid stream type
(2019-02-04, 01:09)MDic Wrote: My setup is a i7-6700t. 16gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1070 video card. Windows 10 Pro.
Kodi can play HEVC just fine, up to 8K, so I'm guessing something is clogging up your system.
Provide a debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website, so we can see what is going on internally.

(2019-02-04, 01:09)MDic Wrote: How ever h265 is becoming a new standard and we need a way to make it work.
HEVC/h.265 is already becoming outdated, AV1 will be the new kid on the block. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H 265 hevc files wont play.0