v18 Shared playlists?
Having a number of kodi clients around our house I decided to set the music and video database up as a shared resource, using mysql.

This seems to working.

However, I'm unclear about playlists, especially smart playlists. Can they be set up as a shared resource also or are they local to the client only?

Thanks
You could possibly do something with path substitution (wiki) for the playlists folder (a sub-folder of your userdata (wiki) folder).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-04-14, 08:45)DarrenHill Wrote: You could possibly do something with path substitution (wiki) for the playlists folder (a sub-folder of your userdata (wiki) folder).

OK, thanks.

However, the shared thing is not working so well. Loading playlists seems to take forever.

We'll see how we go, but it's shaping having to go back to tried and tested.

Cheers
(2019-04-14, 08:45)DarrenHill Wrote: You could possibly do something with path substitution (wiki) for the playlists folder (a sub-folder of your userdata (wiki) folder).
In the end it was much simpler by copying the music playlist  from my "master" client to the other clients.

I used mostly smart playlists so no issues with path names.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared playlists?0