Need some help with HDMI ATMOS passthrough on Ubuntu 19.04
I am running Ubuntu 19.04 minimal install with the latest stable release of Kodi, and I need some help getting the bitstream/passthrough to work.  My Atmos decoder is connected to the HTPC via HDMI.

A tutorial mentions going into the advanced audio options in Ubuntu to check off several boxes for various audio formats, then making some scripts to disable Pulseaudio and start Kodi with ALSA.  However I can't find the advanced audio options in my Ubuntu control panel.

If I skip that step and run Kodi with the Alsa sink option, I can pick Alsa devices in the list, but passthrough still doesn't work.  I just get however many channels I set Ubuntu and Kodi to use.  

If anyone else is successfully running Ubuntu 19.04 with passthrough, I'd love to see a quick tutorial.  Or at least find that advanced audio control panel.
If you start Kodi using the ALSA sink make sure you

- have disabled "Sync Playback to display" as that will avoid passthrough
- have selected the correct HDMI output connected to your decoder at the Kodi audio settings
- have enabled the matching passthrough formats.

Everything else is mentioned here (in case you don't know): https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio
(2019-06-19, 09:33)DaVu Wrote: If you start Kodi using the ALSA sink make sure you

- have disabled "Sync Playback to display" as that will avoid passthrough
- have selected the correct HDMI output connected to your decoder at the Kodi audio settings
- have enabled the matching passthrough formats.

Everything else is mentioned here (in case you don't know): https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio
I did a quick test using LibreElec today, just to see how my system would react once everything is set up with ALSA.  Passthrough works, and my preamp shows DTS-MA.  Though it still only shows 7.1 channels, and nothing about Atmos.  This was with newer movies (Zootopia, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Tangled etc.) which are supposed to have Atmos on the Blu-Ray as far as I know.
I’m using LibreElec (latest with Kod 18.2) on an Intel NUC8i3BEK and I get Atmos and DTS:X no problem with Passthrough to my Denon AVR. The AVR display shows ‘Atmos’ or ‘DTS:X’.

Edit: Are you sure you have Atmos in your file and selected that audio track?
(2019-06-20, 00:59)HomerJau Wrote: I’m using LibreElec (latest with Kod 18.2) on an Intel NUC8i3BEK and I get Atmos and DTS:X no problem with Passthrough to my Denon AVR. The AVR display shows ‘Atmos’ or ‘DTS:X’.

Edit: Are you sure you have Atmos in your file and selected that audio track?

I found that one of my movies (Secret Life Of Pets) actually plays in Atmos, so I guess my hardware is fine.

I also got my normal Ubuntu setup working.  Though it's a bit finicky, sometimes just giving static noise when playing an Atmos file.  Running Pasuspender before launching Kodi seems to help a bit. 

So it's getting there.  The system is sounding better than I've ever heard it, and I can't wait to get my home theater done.  Right now I just have the speakers set up temporarily and propped up on random junk LOL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some help with HDMI ATMOS passthrough on Ubuntu 19.040