v18 5: Migrate information from RPI to Android
Question 
Hi,
I have an Android tablet as of late and have been using Kodi on a RPI for a while now. I wondered whether I could transfer userdata to my tablet since I don't want to go through a painful installation process. Is there a way to copy - or maybe even sync - userdata such as logins, settings, library etc.? All I could find was this unsatisfactory thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...=raspberry
Oh and before I forget: Kodi on the tablet will be for the sole purpose of playing / streaming files from my NAS. Is it any good for this at all?
Thank you in advance
RPI 3 with OSMC Aeon Nox and KODI 17.5
For the basics you can copy:

- advancedsettings.xml
- favourites.xml
- mediasources.xml
- passwords.xml
- sources.xml

For addons, copy:
- addons folder from the .kodi root
- addon_data folder from the userdata folder

For local databases, copy:
- userdata/Database folder

Thumbnails, copy:
- userdata/Thumbnails folder
Hi, thank you, I managed to transfer it all to Android. Only thing now is I cannot connect to the NAS ie Kodi on Android attempts to do this but fails. I guess I have something to sort out in android or synology authorisations...
(2020-01-02, 14:50)Quastenflosser Wrote: Only thing now is I cannot connect to the NAS ie Kodi on Android attempts to do this but fails
How about a full debug log (wiki) file.
Done!
https://paste.kodi.tv/jicelucosa.kodi
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.178.26/volume1/video/Dokumentationen_Einmal/Woodstock...

I think your Lenovo tablet doesn't like your choice in music... Is that literally the only error line in the log file, and everything simply stops?!?

What do you have as a NAS? Usually NFS isn't that much of a problem.
yes, this is what makes Kodi permanently unresponsive on my tablet. I don't know how I have to configure access to the NAS although I can play music from the NAS fine with LMS or SqueezePlayer.
Hm, I have not succeeded but I managed to do it manually ie I rescraped the whole stuff once again from the tablet.
Or am I doing it wrong? Should I go for a solution where I have a database on my NAS as it is described here and both RPI and android read from it (but can they do it)?
I have also some additional questions:
I don't know how I can browse through the collections because KODI doesn't seem to react properly to touches.
I don't know how to configure the main menu although I installed the Library Node Editor-Addon.
All in all the user experience is quite inadequate. The UI is also inconsistent. I don't know what to make of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5: Migrate information from RPI to Android0