Kodi crashing when tryna play any video on ipad1 (but audio is fine) help
So it is a jailbroken ipad1 (very first ipad) on the newest ios for it, which is iOS 5.1.1, it was jailbroken with Absinthe and kodi was installed using iFile from the debs direct from the kodi mirror.

So ive tried kodi 14,15,16 and 17 (18 is incompatible) and when i try to play anything other than audio it instantly crashes. This has happened when trying to play live streams from twitch addon, however like the title says it seems to only crash when i try to use video... even within the twitch addon, audio-only mode works but whenever i enable video it crashes. In fact any video crashes the app. I thought it was the plugin but when i went to try playing an mp4 file straight from local storage it also crashed (without addons). It was a known-good mp4 video file that i can successfully play in other apps on the same ipad so its not the file. Ive tried a few others as well same result.

The app crashes straight to home screen instantly whenever any type of video is played, but not audio. What could be wrong? thanks

https://paste.kodi.tv/bijosuwosi.kodi

Here is a log file from the ipad. During that session i was loading the twitch plugin and trying to play it with video and it crashed to home screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashing when tryna play any video on ipad1 (but audio is fine) help0