Question about scraped information
I like the way tinyMM creates are the artifacts (nfo, jpg, etc) as local resources with the media files.  My only question is why after doing so are the actors referred to by web url instead of file name? Is there a way to have the references to actors in the nfo file generated using the file name (.actor/(name).jpg) instead of the URL it was scraped from?  Maybe it is a configuration option I have not found.

THanks
Post an example from the nfo file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-30, 10:57)Karellen Wrote: Post an example from the nfo file.

An actor entry from the nfo file

<actor>
    <name>Meg Ryan</name>
    <role>Anastasia (voice)</role>
    <thumb>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/h632/3WMxDdHAtgtSqHjiMyf3liErY3.jpg</thumb>
    <profile>https://www.themoviedb.org/person/5344</profile>
  </actor>
It's built this way

Kodi always prioritizes reading locally stored metadata/artwork if its present.

The links in the .nfo are for cases when no local metadata/artwork is detected.
(2020-04-30, 10:08)pasha-19 Wrote: My only question is why after doing so are the actors referred to by web url instead of file name?
If you have local actor images saved next to your movie Kodi will find and use the image file instead, and the URL address or the local filename is not needed at all. The URL entry is a backup in case the local actor image is corrupted or missing, then Kodi knows where to find a replacement image for you.

Don't stress about any image links in nfo files. And don't go to the effort of adding local paths in nfo files as you are just wasting your time. If you have correctly named and saved local artwork Kodi will find it. The links are just backups.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-01, 03:12)Karellen Wrote: "If you have local actor images saved next to your movie Kodi will find and use the image file instead ..."

Does "next to" mean the actor .jpg/.png files are in the same folder as the .mkv/.mp4 or in the .actors folder where the .actors folder is in the same folder as the .mkv/.mp4?  tinyMM places them in the .actors folder as indicated.
(2020-05-01, 15:24)pasha-19 Wrote: Does "next to" mean the actor .jpg/.png files are in the same folder as the .mkv/.mp4 or in the .actors folder where the .actors folder is in the same folder as the .mkv/.mp4? 
Whatever TMM does is normally correct for use in Kodi. See image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about scraped information0