Solved Kodi MySQL central database problem with scraping
I have been running a central database for several years running Kodi on both windows and Raspberry Pis.
But the latest monthss everything is weird when it comes to scraping.

Today I gave up and made a clean installation of Kodi 18.6 on my windows 10 machine and tried to scrape my TV series folder. That went ok but a couple of series I hade to rescan because at some time I exported nfos with watchdata and that seems so mess things up but after I refreshed the series everything was fine.

After that I made a new advancedconfig with a bran dnew database name and rescanned everything for that user. For some reason there is no way to scan The Simpsons, Rick and Morty amd The Walking dead? I tried to refresh, the scraper finds the correct serie and tries to add episode data but everything i blank, even the name of the series is blank when I look in the TV Series.

I shut it down and removed the advanced config and tried it again, all series appeared just fine, even if I refreshed them.
Tried with my advancedconfig again, doesnt work.

What in the use of central database can cause this problem?
What kind of logs do you need to look at?

Help me Obi-Wan MyKodi, youre my only hope.
You may be suffering from this issue - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768

Details of it and it's fix are in the link.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-05-06, 12:37)DarrenHill Wrote: You may be suffering from this issue - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768

Details of it and it's fix are in the link.

That was the case for me Smile.
I wonder why this havent been fixed in the scraper yet?

But still, a great thanks from me, you are a life saver (more or less)
(2020-05-06, 13:26)Jellax Wrote: I wonder why this havent been fixed in the scraper yet?

The scraper is fine, it's working a little too good actually.
Currently some movies/tvshows simply have too many posters and Kodi is 'storing' all the links of them. Which is nuts, basically.
It never was a problem until some movies/shows got a bit too popular.

Fixing it really would mean an adjustment of the database and rewrites of the scraper and of Kodi. It's not something simple.
Adjusting the database field is really only a band aid, a workaround.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi MySQL central database problem with scraping0