Solved Custom Keyboard Shortcut ?
Hi, i would like to create a keyboard shortcut for playing movies using my external player.

I have VLC added which i access via the play using option, but i want to make it slicker.

The reason i want to do this is that my passthrough doesn’t work using the default player, unless i cycle it on and off, (a known issue), and i found a keyboard XML which achieves this by using the a button, but it’s clunky and annoying when playing stuff. With VLC passthrough works first time, so this would be a far smoother solution.

What i don’t know, is what to put in the XML file, can anyone help please?
I am not sure this is what you are looking for but are you aware that you could make VLC the default player for all video files (or subset of them)?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Once Kodi does the handover to VLC as an external player, Kodi quietly minimizes until VLC wakes it up with a magic cookie. When VLC is in focus all keyboard commands, shortcuts and actions are with the primary function VLC and any commands will be piped into VLC exclusively.  As 'ashlar' mentioned, the play with command can include various configurations with a choice of players. External players (wiki)
(2020-11-12, 09:55)AlejandroMaximus Wrote: doesn’t work using the default player, unless i cycle it on and off, (a known issue),
Unsure what you are referencing, pass-through works fine for me. Debug log might show some meaningful information.
(2020-11-12, 09:55)AlejandroMaximus Wrote: Hi, i would like to create a keyboard shortcut for playing movies using my external player.

I have VLC added which omegle xender i access via the play using option, but i want to make it slicker.

The reason i want to do this is that my passthrough doesn’t work using the default player, unless i cycle it on and off, (a known issue), and i found a keyboard XML which achieves this by using the a button, but it’s clunky and annoying when playing stuff. With VLC passthrough works first time, so this would be a far smoother solution.

What i don’t know, is what to put in the XML file, can anyone help please?

thank you my issue has been solved
Care to elucidate as to your solve?

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Keyboard Shortcut ?0