Video source info schema?
Hello! I have a bunch of video files in Google Cloud Storage, and I've written a simple HTTP server that can present those files to Kodi as a "source" of various kinds. At the moment I'm serving it as an RSS feed of video files, but I could just as easily make it an Apache-style "HTTP directory" or a WebDAV server, etc.

My question is, what is the information schema understood by Kodi for each of those different source types? Where can I find it documented? My list at the moment is just bare filenames and sizes, and I would like to annotate each entry with its running time, an IMDb link, etc.

Many thanks,
- Bob
Best place to start is to check an NFO file. It will give you an idea of what information Kodi uses and how it is presented.... NFO files (wiki)

You can also check the databases.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-30, 21:03)Karellen Wrote: Best place to start is to check an NFO file. It will give you an idea of what information Kodi uses and how it is presented.... NFO files (wiki)

You can also check the databases.

This looks like just the information I needed. Thank you!

One more question: if foo.NFO and foo.ISO both appear in my directory listing/rss feed, will Kodi know that one is the metadata for the other, or must I create that association myself?

Cheers,
- Bob
Kodi will know.

If filenames are identical, then the association will be made.

The Matrix (1999).mkv
The Matrix (1999).nfo

The above will work but the following won't

The Matrix (1999).mkv
The Matrix.nfo

extensions are case-sensitive and must be lower case. Also applies to artwork names which must be all lower-case.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-30, 21:46)Karellen Wrote: Kodi will know.

If filenames are identical, then the association will be made.

The Matrix (1999).mkv
The Matrix (1999).nfo

The above will work but the following won't

The Matrix (1999).mkv
The Matrix.nfo

extensions are case-sensitive and must be lower case. Also applies to artwork names which must be all lower-case.

Perfect. Thank you again!

Cheers,
- Bob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video source info schema?0