bug: waipu.tv client wakeup issue
Hi, I am using the waipu.tv KODi plugin on my Windows 10 based Media Center Box for watching live TV. The Box is a Ryzen 4300U and is send to sleep mode when not used. This wakeup procedure works well beside the waipu client. It is failing to stream TV after waking up the Media Box with a "general failure error"
This wakeup problem occurs every time when the sleep phase is quite long. I guess an hour or so. A short sleep and wakeup works fine. So after a longer sleep phase you get this error and it vanishes without any interaction if you wait for two or three minutes after a wakeup. Then everything is fine again. Which also helps within the first minutes of failure is a de- and reactivation of the waipu client. It happens all the time, so problem is reproducible. I guess it's a bug and I hope the maintainer is watching the forum, but if anybody has a hint I would be grateful Smile

Mike
Could you please enable debug logging, reproduce the error and share the debug log with me?
Hi flubshi,

Thank you for trying to help! I you can download the debug log here: https://nextcloud.intelli-net.de/index.p...W4FrQy8m6Q
See at timeframe 8:32 where the error occurs after some hours of sleep. I tried multiple times the connect to a stream. After some minutes it gets possible again without any interaction.
It takes a quite long time of sleep to reproduce the problem. So it seams something expires after a while and is refreshed after some minutes.
I use the sleep functions of that Ryzen 4300U system (Asrock 4x4 with Ryzen3)
I checked other video and audio streaming addons and they work directly after wakeup, so no Internet connection problem. A waipu client activation toggle also solves the problem directly.

If you need anything else, please let me know. Smile Mike
Hmm, looks like network was not fast enough available. The waipu Addon tried multiple times to authenticate and switched to a locked state.

I extracted the relevant parts of the log and created a new issue on GitHub: https://github.com/flubshi/pvr.waipu/issues/161

I am currently very busy. Thus, I am not sure when I will find some time for a fix. It might take some time.
Hi flubshi,  if the waipu client retried automatically after the wakeup - possibly. But when I tried manual after some seconds to start the streaming the network was available, definitely. But this also fails.
I am not sure to read the log correctly, but it seams to get into a locked state by too many failed logins. Reason for this may be the auth token expired. After a while Waipu Servers clears this lock and it works again. May this be the explanation?

Mike
It's not the server that goes into lock state, but the client (the pvr addon).

If the client is locked, manual start will fail.

The fix might be to tell Kodi about the network issue instead of the client-side lock.
(2021-11-04, 13:50)flubshi Wrote: It's not the server that goes into lock state, but the client (the pvr addon).

If the client is locked, manual start will fail.

The fix might be to tell Kodi about the network issue instead of the client-side lock.

However the network is online seconds after the wakeup for sure. It would be OK if I wait some seconds and then start the streaming. Now I wait five minutes before I can start it which is odd. ;-)
Hello flubshi,  is there any recent version I can install to fix this issue, yet? Thanx a lot! Mike
You could try if 20.2.0-Nexus or 19.1.0-Matrix will resolve your issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bug: waipu.tv client wakeup issue0