Don't display Video OSD during skip using .edl files
Hi all,

after a couple of years of using Kodi I have only recently discovered .edl files and am playing around with using them to automatically skip intros on tv shows. I have set the .edl files to use the commercial skip action and basically it works as expected. However whenever the .edl file works its magic Kodi displays the Video OSD in all its glory which seems a bit too much, the popup with the info "commercial" and the amount of time skipped would be sufficient I think.

So, is there any way to disable the display of the Video OSD during a skip action?
I also noticed this behaviour when looking at edl functionality and thought the same. Edl cuts or commbreaks shouldn't trigger the osd at all. Maybe the fix is as simple as adding a few more Boolean conditions on the skin video Osd files. I'll take a look when possible
I don't mind the OSD timeline, but I don't like the toast message and I don't think it comes from the skin.

Martin
I guess the issue is the edl jumps result in the boolean Player.Seeking being set true by core which in the case of most skins will result in the seekbar and possibly more being displayed. I guess for maximum flexibility it would probably require core to present skins with a new boolean e.g. Player.EDLSeeking so this would allow Estuary to be altered to not display anything without affecting what other skins choose to do.
(2021-12-07, 12:28)jjd-uk Wrote: I guess the issue is the edl jumps result in the boolean Player.Seeking being set true by core which in the case of most skins will result in the seekbar and possibly more being displayed. I guess for maximum flexibility it would probably require core to present skins with a new boolean e.g. Player.EDLSeeking so this would allow Estuary to be altered to not display anything without affecting what other skins choose to do.

I've looked into this and actually it's pretty easy to solve. The cause is not Player.Seeking as I initially suspected but rather the Player.DisplayAfterSeek infobool that's triggered when seeks are sent from the player.
There's a way to avoid setting this infobool already in the code, initially created for optical media/dvdnav (e.g. when navigating in java menus) called trickplay. It's one of the parameters of CDVDMsgPlayerSeek. We can reuse that in the seeks that are caused by EDL commbreaks and cuts.
I'll implement this once my EDL cut fix goes in.
(2021-12-07, 03:14)emveepee Wrote: I don't mind the OSD timeline, but I don't like the toast message and I don't think it comes from the skin.

Martin

Added in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20711
(2021-12-05, 09:04)leschranz Wrote: Hi all,

after a couple of years of using Kodi I have only recently discovered .edl files and am playing around with using them to automatically skip intros on tv shows. I have set the .edl files to use the commercial skip action and basically it works as expected. However whenever the .edl file works its magic Kodi displays the Video OSD in all its glory which seems a bit too much, the popup with the info "commercial" and the amount of time skipped would be sufficient I think.

So, is there any way to disable the display of the Video OSD during a skip action?

This was implemented and PR'd in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20753
(2021-12-30, 19:31)enen92 Wrote: This was implemented and PR'd in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20753

That's great news, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't display Video OSD during skip using .edl files0