Trouble moving icons to resource add-on
Good afternoon,

I am trying to reduce the size of the iPlayer WWW add-on by moving the icons to a separate resource add-on. Steps I've taken so far:
  1. Create a new resource.images.iplayerwww add-on locally, and move all the icons to its resources/media subfolder.
  2. Install that add-on locally (from a ZIP).
  3. Remove the icons from the previous location.
  4. Change the path in plugin.video.iplayerwww to point to resource://resource.images.iplayerwww/resources/media/filename.png.
  5. Delete thumbnails and Texture13.db because it still loaded the cached icons.
  6. No icons can be loaded. All I get is error messages in the log:
    ERROR <general>: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.iplayerwww/resources/media/bbc_two_england.png
    DEBUG <general>: GetImageHash - unable to stat url resource://resource.images.iplayerwww/resources/media/bbc_two_england.png

7. I even tried installing the Catchup TV and more add-on from the Kodi repo because it also uses a separate icon add-on. Same here, as soon as icons located in the images add-on are required, there are the same error messages again:
    DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.catchuptvandmore/channels/uk/yesterday_fanart.jpg
    DEBUG <general>: GetImageHash - unable to stat url resource://resource.images.catchuptvandmore/channels/uk/yesterday_fanart.jpg

Am I missing something in general? Is there an issue with my Kodi installation? I am running 19.3 at the moment.
Never mind. I found the "issue". In my own add-on, the /resources/ part of the path needed to be removed, took me a while to figure that one out. In case of Catchup TV and more these particular icons were missing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble moving icons to resource add-on0