PVR can only play recordings on mythtv master backend
My setup is simple; one mythtv master backend (obviously) and one separate slave backend.  There are no NFS or SAMBA mounts between the two and each backend system has its own local filesystems for recordings.  The storage directories are all defined on the master backend only.  The mythtv frontend plays any recording no matter which backend filesystem it's on and therefore works perfectly from all frontends.  The KODI PVR, however, can only play a recording if the file itself exists in one of the recordings directories on the master backend's filesystem.  Is this expected behavior?  If not, why can't KODI play a recording regardless of which backend the file is on?

I did search this forum and whatever I could find for days and found no mention of this issue.
I figured this out after a couple days of stress.  Somehow the IPV6 address of my slave backend got saved into the MYTHTV database (settings table).  The IPV4 address was in there as well.  Anyway this caused the KODI mythtv pvr to always try to connect to the slave backend using IPV6.  It wasn't listening on that though.  The fix was to enter mythtv-setup on the slave backend, uncheck listen on all addresses, and change the IPV6 entry to ::1.  Then restart backend on both slave and master.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR can only play recordings on mythtv master backend0