Kodi 19.4 x64 converts ISO Files into BDMV Folders - Update: NOT !
Dears,
After renaming my complete Movie Database (DB and UHD Iso´s) according to media related naming conventions (.BD25./.BD50./.BDXL./.HDR./.DV./.3D./.Atmos./.DTSX. ...) i set up a new installation of Kodi 19.4 x64 on my Windows HTPC. When importing the Database i got a shock as i realized that several of the ISO files have disappeared. The corresponding folders now contain BDMV Folder structures instead of the original Iso Files.

This needs to be repaired ASAP! It cannot be intended, that KODI mounts/destoys the original files!!
Do you have addon vfs.libarchive installed? if so make sure it's version 19.0.2-Matrix as it was likely caused by this https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.libarchive/issues/49 which is now fixed.
....not to my knowledge. How can i check if and what version might be installed?
In Kodi>Settings>add-ons>my-add-ons>virtual filesystems>archive support>keyboard 'i' for information.
Or supply us with a debug log as that stores addon versions.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2022-08-02, 13:03)Reelyator Wrote: It cannot be intended, that KODI mounts/destoys the original files!!

Mounting and destroying are two vastly different things...

Mounting a drive, image, or ISO file is a common practice.
And Kodi 'destroying' aka deleting original files..?? That would be a first.
(2022-08-02, 17:04)PatK Wrote: In Kodi>Settings>add-ons>my-add-ons>virtual filesystems>archive support>keyboard 'i' for information.

...after checking System/Serttings/Addons/all Addons, i can confirm that VFS.Libarchive is NOT installed. I already tried to create a log with a small group of test files from various sources (BD, 3D-BD, UHD). "Unfortunately" those were imported without any problems....
Sorry guys! I need to correct myself! Kodi is NOT converting Iso Files into BDMV Folder structures.

To my defense: My Media Collection consists of ~70% Iso Files, ~20% MKV´s and ~10% BDMV Folder Structures. When the import proceeded, all Movies that initially popped up in the Library were EXCLUSIVELY BDMV Titles. Not a single Iso Title Huh . Therefore i got the impression, that Iso´s were somehow "converted" into BDMV´s and interrupted the import. Later i could verify, that the amount of Iso Files was constant during the import process.

@ the admins: You can delete this tread if this is causing too much confusion. Sorry for the fuzz!
(2022-08-06, 23:02)Reelyator Wrote: You can delete this tread if this is causing too much confusion. Sorry for the fuzz!

I've adapted the thread title, so the thread in total makes sense. Others may have a similar experience.
We don't just delete threads on the forum, unless there is an immediate reason for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.4 x64 converts ISO Files into BDMV Folders - Update: NOT !0