Music Band Name with Chinese characters.
Hi there. I have one band name in my catalogue that displays little boxes in front of the band name because there are some Chinese characters in front of the name. These characters are not anywhere tagged in my library, but come from the Universal artist scraper. I tried switching to local info only, but it didn't change it.

The name of the band is Pocari Sweet. 

Is there a way to removed these boxes in the name? There is no option to right click and rename.
The boxes mean that the font in use in the skin does not have the appropriate Chinese characters to render.
Change font to Arial from the Kodi Settings>Interface menu.

(2023-01-05, 04:31)Pitman33 Wrote: Universal artist scraper
I don't think this is supported anymore. Best to change to the Generic Album and Artist scrapers
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen, changing to Arial works! Are there more Fonts I can download to choose from too?
(2023-01-05, 07:02)Pitman33 Wrote: Are there more Fonts I can download to choose from too?
Not really. You can add your own fonts, and different skins use different fonts. But its not as simple as dropping in a new ttf file and it works. You need to update the font.xml file in the skin and add a new series of font entries.
If you check the file, you can pretty quickly figure out how it works.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok, thanks again! Happy New Year!!
FWIW, there is a proposed change for Kodi 21 that would allow language addons to include fonts for the language's scripts (like CJK for Chinese) and these fonts would then be used for rendering the script without user needing to do anything.  Of course if your skin font is using some fancy typeface then that might not work 100% as expected.  Though for Chinese it is not easy, as you may know there are different dialects and scripts that fall under the general category of "Chinese" and Kodi doesn't currently capture these nuances.  Like wise the identifiers like zh, zho, chi that were introduced in the early internet days are insufficient to capture the language variations.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Band Name with Chinese characters.0