Solved Migrating Server with SQL Kodi Backend Causing Headaches
Hi All -

I'm migrating to a new raid server and I'm having an issue with Kodi that I'm just struggling to figure out.

Summary:
(1) I exported both my Music and Video sql databases
(2) I established MariaDB docker on new raid server
(3) I created kodi user and granted appropriate privileges on new MariaDB docker instance
(4) I created Music DB on new MariaDB instance and imported my old data into it
(5) I updated advancedsettings.xml on client side to update music DB IP to new server

Result: Absolutely no issues. Music plays from new raid server.

(6) I created my Video DB on new MariaDB instance and imported my old data into it
(7) Updated advancedsettings modifying IP for video db to match new server

Result: Kodi hangs on startup splash indefinitely.

Note: I then did the following:
(8) Dropped the video DB from the MariaDB docker instance on new server
(9) Started up Kodi again on client side (thinking a fresh DB would be created)

Result: Looks like same error. Log below. Note that there is no MyVideo121 because I dropped it after it failed to workafter step 7. Additionally, I tried with a fresh profile on client side with same result.

++++++++++++
Solution: Realized I wasn't working on my MariaDB within docker.....problems resolved.
@jrubenol

Please don't post logs in the forum. Use Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.

Your log was no good anyway as you did not enable debug mode in settings>system>logging
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry about that:

Here's music only DB that works fine on new server: https://paste.kodi.tv/qoqideduqi.kodi

Here's when I add videos and I get a complete freeze: https://paste.kodi.tv/exohiyifuz.kodi
The last few lines indicate there is no version table
Maybe your database is corrupt? If it is not yet setup, delete it and try recreating.

I don't use shared setup, so I won't be much more help. Others will have to advise.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating Server with SQL Kodi Backend Causing Headaches0