IPTV Simple Client issue using m3u4u.com for EPG
Thumbs Down 
Does anyone have experience using m3u4u.com with IPTV Simple Client? I am setting up an EPG for the first time and the link does not seem to work for the addon. I checked the file that the link provides​ and it looks ok so what am I doing wrong? The m3u link does not work with the addon either. This leads me to believe that the format of the link may be a possible issue (ie http://m3u4u.com/epg/xxxxxxxxxxxx) because it does not include a file extension.

I checked the setup guide on GitHub but there wasn't anything there that helped. I'm hoping that someone may have also used this website to host EPG and m3u and that they can tell me what the likely cause is.
Does the link work in a browser?

What error you do you get in your kodi.log?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Here is a partial log showing a 403 error. Does this mean that m3u4u.com is refusing the connection? The link to the m3u works perfectly in the browser and also when used in VLC network stream.
You should try setting the user-agent to vlc and see if that works. I think there is an option in the addon setting to do that.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I found out that the site does not allow Kodi (or similar app) access and blocks it due to ToS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple Client issue using m3u4u.com for EPG0