Latest nightly breaks the select button
On my Philips (Android 11) the buttons work very well with the Nightly Omega beta 3 from 26.0224

Thanks
(2024-02-29, 17:29)Wolf Intruder Wrote: On my Philips (Android 11) the buttons work very well with the Nightly Omega beta 3 from 26.0224
I have a Bluetooth remote control.
Do you have an IR or Bluetooth remote control?
It is the original remote control for the Philips TV (65PUS8506). It has both BT and IR. I also have a radio remote control that is connected via 2.4 GHz. This also works correctly
I also have an original remote control (KIVI RC20) for the KIVI TV (65U710KB). It also has both BT and IR. But not a single button on the remote works if I install the latest nightly versions of kodi nexus or omega (kodi-20240218-2de15467-Nexus-armeabi-v7a.apk or kodi-20240226-213cb317-master-armeabi-v7a.apk). I posted a clean log after installing kodi. The developers don't answer anything.
pretty sure @garbear was dealing with this select button issue but this is different, there is no map at all available for your remote
maybe because it's a strange aliexpress brand?

no clue but if it works in nexus you might just copy the keyboard definitions over or disable controller support in kodi
(2024-02-29, 23:49)izprtxqkft Wrote: pretty sure @garbear was dealing with this select button issue but this is different

in the settings of the kodi controller, I can assign buttons to the right, left, up, down. But I don't understand how to assign the select and home buttons.
izprtxqkft Wrote:there is no map at all available for your remote maybe because it's a strange aliexpress brand?

TVs of this brand are officially sold in stores in Germany, Poland, and Ukraine. The map must be suitable from the remotes of the Jvc lt-mu508 TV
izprtxqkft Wrote:no clue but if it works in nexus you might just copy the keyboard definitions over or disable controller support in kodi
The remote worked fine in KODI 20.3 and KODI 21 beta 2
(2024-02-24, 01:55)garbear Wrote:
(2024-02-23, 18:12)FSmeets Wrote: I have the same issue on my Nokia 8010 with default remote. Figured out removing batteries and putting them back in the remote fixes the issue till you restart Kodi 😂

See, my fixes didn't break remotes, they promoted battery health!

Remotes are working fully in the latest Nexus nightlies:

The fix will make it into a Player Store release as soon as our release manager is ready and we'll gradually increase rollout as things are confirmed working.

I see that there is an update in the Play Store since yesterday, is that the correct one?
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest nightly breaks the select button0