v21 Custom PVR Widgets not working
Hi all!

Not sure if this is a issue related to the skin or to v21. 
I have some custom widgets configured to show channel groups in lists. This worked OK in v20 but after upgrading to v21 they won't work anymore.
I have the widgets configured with a custom item as follow:
pvr://channels/TV/XXX
where XXX changes with the group name. 

If I use the command for the All Channels group (pvr://channels/TV/*) it does work so not sure why it won't work with a specific channel group.

Any advice on the issue?
Thanks!
With v21 you need to supply the client id of the addon that provides the channel group. => pvr://channels/(tv|radio)/<groupname>@<clientid>
You should be able to find the id in kodi's log file or tv datbase.

Before you scream: Those things happen if you use an unofficial API. The URL scheme for pvr is not public, thus can change at any point in time.
(2024-05-06, 18:14)ksooo Wrote: With v21 you need to supply the client id of the addon that provides the channel group. => pvr://channels/(tv|radio)/<groupname>@<clientid>

Before you scream: Those things happen if you use an unofficial API. The URL scheme for pvr is not public, thus can change at any point in time.

So I put in "pvr://channels/tv/pluto [email protected]" which doesn't work, I'm getting errors like
error <general>: CPVRChannelsPath: Invalid channels path 'pvr://channels/tv/pluto [email protected]' - channel group segment syntax error.
error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting pvr://channels/tv/pluto [email protected]/
Has it changed again?
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM780XTX / KODI 'Omega' (Flatpak)
(2024-05-21, 20:08)C.O.D. Wrote:
(2024-05-06, 18:14)ksooo Wrote: With v21 you need to supply the client id of the addon that provides the channel group. => pvr://channels/(tv|radio)/<groupname>@<clientid>

So I put in "pvr://channels/tv/pluto [email protected]" which doesn't work, I'm getting errors like
error <general>: CPVRChannelsPath: Invalid channels path 'pvr://channels/tv/pluto [email protected]' - channel group segment syntax error.
error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting pvr://channels/tv/pluto [email protected]/
Has it changed again?
No. The clientid is a number, not the add-on name. The add-om name is not unique, because add-ons can have multiple instances.
(2024-05-21, 22:27)ksooo Wrote:
(2024-05-21, 20:08)C.O.D. Wrote:

Has it changed again?
No. The clientid is a number, not the add-on name. The add-om name is not unique, because add-ons can have multiple instances.

Thank you very much, I finally got it right...
I'm having trouble finding the client ID, how did you find yours?
Play one channel from each channel group and then look in the log file for the corresponding calls...
Ive tried that but I'm not seeing anything that resembles a client ID that's all numbers. I have component specific logging on for pvr as well. Are client IDs always a set amount of numbers or is there an example of what it would look like?
I think I figured out what's happening. I have 2 Sources I'm merging into 1 into "All Channels" and then I created a custom group labeled "Favorites" of channels from both sources. Kodi isn't recognizing in the backend my custom group. It shows under "information" I have 0 groups even though it should say 1 from my custom group "favorites". I don't understand why kodi is not recognizing but custom group even though I can use it perfectly in the guide.
Groups created with Kodi‘s group manager are not synced back to any „backend“. They are only visible to the „frontend“.

However, I’m not sure how your last post is related to your original post.
(2024-06-15, 15:58)lifeofastro Wrote: I think I figured out what's happening. I have 2 Sources I'm merging into 1 into "All Channels" and then I created a custom group labeled "Favorites" of channels from both sources. Kodi isn't recognizing in the backend my custom group. It shows under "information" I have 0 groups even though it should say 1 from my custom group "favorites". I don't understand why kodi is not recognizing but custom group even though I can use it perfectly in the guide.

The groups created with the group manager always have the "clientid" -1.
You have defined a group called "Favorites".

So your call for the widget should look like this.
Code:
pvr://channels/tv/Favoriten@-1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom PVR Widgets not working0