What the F?
Working on moving my Kodi clients forward to V20/21 and noticed an issue with plot and tagline text in my custom skin. Certain combinations of letters starting with F product some weird icons instead. FF is a subscript 9, Fi is is a diamond. of also shows the subscript 9 for the F. This does not appear to happen in the default skin. Any ideas what's going on?
screenshot?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
These are the first 2 I've noticed. In the NFO all the text is correct, as well a in Jellyfin. 

Also found another issue (not skin related) where one of my TV shows will not scrape despite local NFO files.

I just edited a plot with a bunch of F words and got this. 

Jeff of off fight ff stuff lift soft figure first fioff

Looks like FI and FF are the issue. Haven't noticed any others like this so far.

Skin code and font used please?
(2024-05-17, 09:18)Hitcher Wrote: Skin code and font used please?

Skin code?

Font - OpenSans-Regular

Worked fine since Kodi 12.
Tried using Arial font?
(2024-05-17, 09:29)Hitcher Wrote: Tried using Arial font?

I have not. Just noticed this issue and thought I was going insane seeing things. What would suddenly cause a font issue in the skin? 

I tried Arial instead and it doesn't cause these weird symbol issues but wow it doesn't look nice to the eye.

Side note - did something change in the keymaps to allow skin refreshing? MY previous keymap doesn't work either.
(2024-05-17, 09:35)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Side note - did something change in the keymaps to allow skin refreshing?
Still working for me using:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<F3>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugImages)</F3>
<F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
<F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</F6>
<F7>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugInfo)</F7>
<F8>Skin.ToggleDebug</F8>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
(2024-05-17, 14:08)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-05-17, 09:35)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Side note - did something change in the keymaps to allow skin refreshing?
Still working for me using:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<F3>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugImages)</F3>
<F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
<F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</F6>
<F7>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugInfo)</F7>
<F8>Skin.ToggleDebug</F8>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Thanks for that info. All the strings have changed at some point from what I'd used for years.

Any clue what is happening with the font I use? Where the odd symbols are coming from?
I played around with the fonts a bit and it does seem to be an issue with the specific font I had in the skin. I downloaded another version of the same font and it worked fine, however it also looked slightly different. Side-by-side I like the original more, but for some reason it is F'ed up!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What the F?0