[split] VLC External Player Almost Working
  • I have been using Kodi 21.0 version in my android tv. Some videos are not working in Kodi player.So I had placed a playercorefactory file for vlc in userdata folder but it is not working. And also I tried for vlc with another playercorefactory. I have attached the files also.
Please help me with this issue .

Mx player https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl-LJf...Ku6M1E-I5A
Vlc
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl-LJf...tHXAjes73Q
(2024-05-20, 18:46)A Man Wrote: my android TV
Perhaps the path to the executable is not available or incorrectly defined? External players (wiki) check the Android section in the wiki, does your device/TV have enough memory for all those players? A full debug log would show if your script is being seen.
Yes.I have enough memory
@A Man
It must be a bug. I have the same problem on Windows. Downgrade to Kodi 20.5 and You can choose the "Play Using" option from context menu.
Please note that external players on Android will only work if the file you are playing is local to Android.

If it's on a network share that only Kodi knows about, the external player will not be able to find it.
It's not the point.
The "Play Using" option does not appear at all in Kodi 21, while in Kodi 20.5 you can select it from the context menu - with the same add-on code.
Strange... I'm running the 20240509 nightly of Kodi Omega and it works fine for me.

I put this in the playercorefactory.xml file and placed it in Kodi's Userdata folder:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="JustPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.brouken.player.legacy</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
Now when I longpress a video, I can choose "Play using..." , select JustPlayer and the video starts to play.
In Windows, it doesn't work for me in Kodi 21 (The "Play Using" option does not appear), while in Kodi 20.5 is OK.
Don't know how is on Android.
My playercorefactory.xml:
XML:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
        </player>
    </players>
    <!--